FS: JVC HA-S900
Oct 20, 2008 at 9:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jant71

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi all,

I am somewhat reluctantly selling my S900's. They are fine cans but I don't listen enough in general to all the cans I have. I did like the thought of a having one special earphone, one portable, and one full size but in reality I use them far too little. I listen to my CD2000's and S900's about once a week and I figure I only need one home can if I listen less than 2 hours a week. I'm the kinda of person that hates when things sit around! I'm not about to just give these away either.

Anyway, these are one of the newer JVC phones. These came before the HA-RX's. These are portable(115 grams) and come with a case. These use the new carbon compound driver and Ring Port structure. The RX's have the Ring Port structure but more standard drivers. Thus the S900 goes for ~12,000yen and the RX900 is ~6500yen in Japan. In the US the S900 is $30 more than the RX900.

The S900 are similar in sound to the SE530 with the thickest pads and similar in general to Shures(tone, timber, transparency). With added impedance they gain a tighter more refined sound with great transparency. At the 115ohm combined impedance they run with some quality cans and IMO best all the IEMs like Triple.fi and SE530. Of course they can move air better and they have bass that the armatures just don't give but the S900 won't give the isolation that the IEMs can either. I think that a recable to dual entry with the 75ohms added is a good plan for these. I couldn't justify it myself and I was also happy with them and kinda scared to mess with their signature. The separation and imaging are really quite nice as is.

These sound good with Sony players and especially good with Cowon portables. I had the Fiio E3 amp and that is an excellent combo with some wonderful impact. I recommend highly getting the $19 ebay impedance adapter plug or Head-direct cable and an E5 for these. For another $40-$50 these cans have potential for impressive resolution and transparency.

These come with three types of pads for them to adjust bass. Two are pleather type and one flat foam set. These are in excellent condition and come with the original box and case in like new condition.

I am selling them for $57 shipped(CONUS) and Paypal'd. I am firm on the price. I'd be quite happy to keep them if no one is interested.

P1010269.jpg

Thanks for looking! Feel free to check my feedback or ask any questions! Just shoot me a PM.

Oct 25, 2008 at 9:54 PM Post #2 of 2

jant71

Headphoneus Supremus
Weekend Bump.

Users who are viewing this thread