FS: Interconnects -- 2 meter Audioquest Quartz
Mar 12, 2006 at 4:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Alwayswantmore

1000+ Head-Fier
SOLD - THANK YOU

Quality interconnects of this length can be pricy. But if you need a pair, these AQ Quartz may interest you...

quartz12gw.jpg

Details

I'm the original owner. Cables have been stored in my closet since I went to a balanced rig about six years ago. While they’ve been handled with care, they do show some scuffs from normal wear. Cables ship with original cardboard package insert (specs / instruction).

> Audioquest Quartz AQ-QTZ 2.0 meter pair of RCA interconnects (6.56 ft.)

> (2) Balanced Hyperlitz construction with FPC-6 (99.99997% copper)

> Hyperlitz construction is designed to eliminate strand interaction and ensure the highest definition audio signal

> RCA plugs are welded to Quartz by sending 8,000 amperes through the cable for 33 millionths of a second. The result is an ideal connection which commingles the molecules of the cable and the plug.

> They are directional: The end with a single band connects to the source; The end with two bands connects to the receiving equipment.

Price

SOLD

I accept PayPal (non-credit). My Head-fi feedback.

Feel free to post or PM questions.

Additional background

A pair sold today (03/12/06) on eBay (same model, length and similar vintage) for $46 plus shipping. From the description, mine appear to be in better condition (and likely have less hours).

www.commonsenseaudio.com has a 1 meter pair listed for $95. No desciption or other details listed though.

Reviewer’s comments from www.harmonictech.com...

“Flashback to the early 1990s. I am in the midst of purchasing my first entry-level high-end CD player, a $595 Rotel. $595 constituted a major expense for me at the time, one I did not undertake without much deliberation.

As I’m reaching for my VISA card, still wondering if I’m biting off more than I can chew, salesperson Glenn at Oakland’s Pro Home Systems pulls out a more expensive menu. He tells me that I must spend at least $78 on an interconnect (AudioQuest Ruby, the only brand he carries) in order to do the player justice.

I am incredulous. After sundry exclamations of outrage and much discussion, I agree to sample the Ruby. For the heck of it, I also ask to sample the next level up, AudioQuest Quartz ($110). (This was a sure sign of an audiophile in the making.) Then I drive to another high-end store in Berkeley and borrow a $48 MIT interconnect for comparison.

The results are incontrovertible. Not only does the AQ Ruby sound better than the MIT, but the Quartz sounds much better than either. I invite friends over and they agree. Convinced, I shell out $110 for the Quartz. Cables do make a difference. End of High End Interconnect Lesson No. 1.”

Mar 13, 2006 at 4:47 AM Post #2 of 6

Alwayswantmore

1000+ Head-Fier
SOLD

Mar 18, 2006 at 5:09 AM Post #4 of 6

Alwayswantmore

1000+ Head-Fier
SOLD

Apr 5, 2006 at 12:58 AM Post #5 of 6

Alwayswantmore

1000+ Head-Fier
SOLD