FS: Home Amp
post-147654
Post #1 of 1

headster

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Here's an original Home Amp from Headroom up for sale. Using the HD600s, I have compared this unit and the upgraded version and could not hear any differences. If there were any, it was extremely subtle. Although Headroom has raised the price to $699.

Features taking from Headroom's: It has an Avel-Lindberg toroidal transformer in the power-supply--very brawny. It has dual headphone jacks, but only one volume control--to achieve the same sound level when using two headphones, the headphones must be matched. Other features of the Home are: Burr-Brown 604 op-amps, high contact-force-headphone jacks, pseudo-Litz stranded circuit board traces, and gold-over-OFC-w/Teflon-insert RCA jacks. The Home has an on/off power switch, but it is perfectly okay to leave the Home on all of the time.

I have many headphone base systems. This particular unit was used as a preamp until I recently upgraded to a tube preamp. Hence, I know longer have a need for it. Other than normal wear and tear as you might expected from a used amp, the unit is in perfect working order. I'm asking $325 shipped anywhere in the lower 48 States. If you're interested please drop me an e-mail. Thanks for looking!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)