FS: Grado RS1 (RS-1) - older version
Jul 28, 2010 at 4:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

lousyreeds1

100+ Head-Fier
Hello all,

Up for sale are my Grado RS-1 headphones.  These are the older version with buttons in the middle of the earpieces.  The drivers are white, so they're not an ultra-vintage pair, but they predate the current model and are generally regarded as having a more natural sound.  This pair comes with the original box (will ship double boxed, of course) and is in good condition.  A few points: there is a tiny indentation above the "A" on the wood of the right earpiece.  I've tried to capture it in a photo but it's hard to spot.  Also, the previous owner (I'm the second owner) had the metal rod come off the left earphone at one point.  Grado advised him to just superglue it back on rather than sending them back to the factory, where they would have done the same thing.  If I didn't tell you, you wouldn't notice.  

They sound fantastic.  In the end, I slightly prefer the darker presentation of my Grado HF-2, so I've decided to sell these.  My asking price is $460, including shipping to anywhere in CONUS.  May they go to a good home!  Feel free to write with any questions.  Thanks for looking.

Users who are viewing this thread