FS/FT: CHA-47 type Amp (pics)
post-216843
Post #1 of 8

CaptBubba

Not dumb enough fora custom title...so he thought.
Reaction score
I really hate to do this, I put so much work into this amp. But it has just been sitting there and I think it would make a fine amp for somebody.

Basic desig by Apheared, built by myself. It uses 8AAs (more on that later) and lasts for a very long time on them. Gain of about 8, I think (don't remember), which is plenty to achieve dangerous volumes with both my HD580s and V6s with moderatly drained batteries.

The really special thing about this amp is its looks. I got tired of my DIY amps looking like DIY amps, so I spent a long time on this case. Kinda hard to explain, so I'll just show pictures:

*Sniff* Purty......

This amp is only designed to run on 8AAs, even though there are 9V clips you cannot connect two 9V batteries to it or else bad things will happen (capacitors will explode). In fact, I highly reccomend only NiMH batteries be used in this amp, which leads me to the next point.

In order to "spice up" this deal, I've decided to include one of the following:

8AA 1600mAh NiMH or
free shipping

I really would like to trade this for something, anything really. A pair of decent ICs maybe, some EL2001s/2002s, basically shoot me a PM with what you are willing to trade for it and I'll take the best offer I get within a few days. If you are willing to ship me your trade for free, I'll ship the amp for free (UPS ground or USPS priority).

If you don't have anything to trade, then make a cash offer. Check or MO only, please. I really don't want to make anything off this amp so would highly prefer trades. If I get no realistic trade offers after a few days, however, I will sell it to the bidder of my choosing.

If it breaks (which I highly doubt it will: it has functioned flawlessly for over 5 months), I am willing to give tips or even repair/replace it at cost (or under if the problem was my fault). I have tested it with high (300ohm HD580) and mid (62ohm V6) headphones, so i am not sure how well it would preform with low-Z cans like grados.

Preference goes to people who have been active members of Head-fi. Contenintal US only.

edit: oh, forgot to mention, I also have a cheap mini-RCA plug cable if you would like to drive this amp out of the line out of a portable.

post-216850
Post #2 of 8

kin3tix

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
that is indeed a unique case for an amp. i'd probably take it off your hands but i've got one on the way (hopefully arriving next week) and my friend is currently on a mission of building me one. nice job though, captbubba!

post-217932
Post #4 of 8

CaptBubba

Reaction score
bumpity.

post-219547
Post #5 of 8

CaptBubba

Reaction score
To the person I was talking to on ICQ: I had to reformat and lost your number, give me a message if you are still interested.

post-219670
Post #6 of 8

Budgie

Never looks a gift amp in the jackhole.
Reaction score
Arrrr, be hard times when an old pirate gives up his treasure chest.

post-219817
Post #7 of 8

CaptBubba

Reaction score
Quote:

Originally posted by Budgie
Arrrr, be hard times when an old pirate gives up his treasure chest.

Yarrrrr, ye know these be hard times to be prowling the yonder seas.

post-220298
Post #8 of 8

TurboFC3S

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Quote:

Originally posted by Pepsione1

Haha, that's the best avatar ever!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)