FS/FT AKG K340 Great Condition (Revised) SOLD
Sep 14, 2009 at 1:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Roly1650

100+ Head-Fier
Classic AKG K340 electrostatic/dynamic hybrid headphones for sale. Great cosmetic and sonic condition, with new genuine AKG pleather ear cushions. Headband is perfect, the AKG elastics are in great condition and work fine and the cord is exactly as AKG intended, no kinks. twists or unwinding, in short a nice unadulterated pair of phones. This is my second set of these and I can't justify keeping both sets, so I'm selling the better cosmetic pair. Both pairs sound very similar and I'm not so worried about the cosmetic challenges to the pair I'm keeping, it's the sound that counts! Electrostatics and orthodynamics have that "something" that dynamic cans can't emulate and these are no exception, except they don't require an energizer or dedicated amp, just plug and play. K701's and other dynamics wish they sounded this good!
Looking for SOLD shipped ConUS only. Would consider trades for a good headamp.
I also have 1 set of AKG velour ear cushions for these phones, asking SOLD shipped and PayPal'ed in ConUS
brand new in the bag and ear cushions will also fit the K240 MKII/K240/K270/K271
I'm new on this forum, but I have great ebay and AgoN feedback, check using the same handle to view.

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #8 of 9

Roly1650

100+ Head-Fier
I've been asked if these K340's are bass heavy or light. As stated in the ad, both pairs I have have pretty much the same performance so I can't really say. But, in direct comparison with Stax SRX, Koss ESP9 and ESP950 phones both pairs of the K340's, IMO, clearly have better bass resolution and detail, with a sound closer to a loudspeaker, (in the bass) than any other cans I've tried. It's almost palpable and pretty close to what I hear through my KEF R107's. Don't interpret this to mean I think the K340's are better than any of the above, because clearly the Stax and the Koss have strengths in other areas. As in all things, YMMV.

Sep 25, 2009 at 8:36 PM Post #9 of 9

HiFlight

Headphoneus Supremus
ygpm

Users who are viewing this thread