FS: DT880 in ungood shape
post-1392470
Post #1 of 7

SDA

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
What the title says.

Basic information... it's a newer model, with the straight cord (huzzah!). I don't know exactly how much use it's seen (sorry, it just never occured to me to record it), but I'd say it's in the low triple digits. 100h at least, but I doubt more than 300h. I have the (well, a; I'm not sure what's what with my box of adapters, but it's screw-on and gold-plated, so it might as well be "the") 1/4" adapter and the original packaging (box, padding, box jacket), but I gave the extension cord to my father a while ago.

Now onto the "ungood" part. There's a solder burn (16x8mm?) on the side (nearer the top) of the headband cushion (not the bottom, where the head goes), and one of the pads is trying to come off of the flexible ring that keeps it stuck to the cup-- almost half of the pad rim is disconnected from that flexible rim. The metal "beyerdynamic" sticker on the left cup was pried off by an overly curious child and had to be reapplied, and it shows (it's all bent and stuff). None of these have any impact on comfort or functionality afaict (you can't feel that the pad's partially detached from its ring when it's on, since less than half is detached), but it wouldn't be hard to tear the left pad off entirely. I suppose you could always just glue it back onto the rubber ring, or buy a new pad. There are a few small scratches here and there, nothing enormous. Most importantly, the headphone is in normal sonic condition, with no transducer damage or anything.

I have pictures, but no way of hosting them. If anyone can give me temporary hosting, I'd be glad to put them up. It seems to me like pictures would be very important here, for both me and any potential buyers (because the headphone really actually doesn't look THAT bad, and buyers should know exactly what they're getting).

MSRP is $279. I don't know how important physical condition is for value, but make me an offer.

SOLD

post-1392514
Post #3 of 7

erikzen

06 National Meet Co-Coordinator
100% THD and S/N = 0
Reaction score
price?

post-1392532
Post #4 of 7

SDA

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Overall (looks a little weird because the cups aren't adjusted evenly in that picture)
Burn on padding
Pad disconnect
Pad as it usually looks
Sticker damage

I'm not sure about price. See, I really have no idea what the market value of the DT880 is... it's gone for $250 at some points, and $160 at others. It confuses me to no end. On one hand, this one has the more valuable straight cord, and it has the original box and packaging.. on the other hand, it's definitely not in mint condition, and it doesn't have the extension cable.

But I hate it when people don't supply the price, so it doesn't seem fair to inflict that on others. How about $180US shipped? Lower? ... higher? :p

post-1394416
Post #5 of 7

SDA

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Bump. Seriously, that's a ballpark number.. I'm receptive to lowballing, since I'm in desperate need of cash.

Actually, never mind that. I'll just give the lowest price I'd be willing to sell it for: $150US, counting shipping. It's kind of painful, but I want food and the iAudio X5, and things would have to get pretty desperate before I settled for just one of those (the X5).

post-1395369
Post #7 of 7

SDA

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
SOLD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)