FS: Audio Technica ATH-W1000X Grandioso Special Edition - Recabled & Re-padded.
Type
For Sale
Currency
GBP
Price
Shipping Destinations
Europe, United Kingdom
post-15764412
Post #1 of 3

Herbie151

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Excellent condition closed back audiophile headphones with low hours usage.

Stock pads have been replaced by a new set of (W5000?) pads which are genuine leather not artificial. The originals are renowned for deteriorating and shedding thousands of small leatherette particles everywhere and get hot and sweaty, so real leather is an important upgrade.

EDIT: one or two enquiries have asked if the replacement pads are leatherette or real leather. Let me reassure buyers, these new pads are real 100% leather, as fitted to the top of the range models. They came from Japan and were (I think?!#) about £100 for the pair. The difference in on-ear performance is miles better than the leatherette especially for extended listening.

These have also just been recabled by the well-regarded Carl Baxter at "Fixmyheadphones" for £95, really together with the newer pads, these are actually better than original spec.

Item: Audio Technica ATH-W1000X Grandioso Special Edition Headphones

Details: Audiophile Closed-back Dynamic Wooden Headphones.

10th generation of Audio-Technica's prized W Series

Pure American Cherry Wood reproduces magnificent natural playback

3D wing support for a great fit and long-wearing comfort

Large 53 mm aperture drivers feature specially built 2-part magnetic circuits that produce high speed magnetic streams for improved sound quality

6.3 mm gold-plated stereo plug

Driver Diameter53 mm Voice CoilOFC-6NFrequency Response5 – 42,000 Hz
Maximum Input Power 2,000 mw
Sensitivity100 dB/mWImpedance42 ohms
Weight350 g
Connector1/4" (6.3 mm) gold-plated wooden plug

Original Selling Price: £649.00

The only reason I am selling these is because I’ve re-bought an old pair of Denon’s which I had ten years ago, and have missed ever-since. I can’t justify having two sets of first-class premium ‘cans.’ These Audio Technicas are however, awesome!

Any questions, do email me. Cheers.DSCF9984.JPGDSCF9985.JPGDSCF9986.JPGDSCF9987.JPGDSCF9988.JPGDSCF9989.JPGDSCF9990.JPGDSCF9991.JPGDSCF9992.JPGDSCF9993.JPGDSCF9994.JPG

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)