FS: 75-ohm adapter cable
Mar 21, 2006 at 5:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

fewtch

Headphoneus Supremus
FS: Custom made 75-ohm adapter cable... uses Vishay-Dale resistors, has 1/8" female jack on one end and (straight) Neutrik 1/8" male miniplug on the other.

This cable is not that "high end," so it may be more appropriate for Koss 60-ohm headphones (KSC35/75/Portapro etc. to help clean up bass response) rather than Etymotics. Superglue was used to help hold together the jack end (where the resistors are soldered in) and there's a bit of residue on the jack.

I will include a 1/8" to 1/4" gold plated adapter plug with the cable.

$18 shipped, Paypal preferred (only from non-credit card balance or instant bank transfer -- I can't accept credit card payments). Drop me a PM or Email if you're interested. Thanks.

Mar 26, 2006 at 12:52 AM Post #3 of 4

mektarus

500+ Head-Fier
I know there has been a huge influx of new KSC75 owners recently and as good as they sound, they are even better when used with a 75ohm adapter. These are hard to come by. Better jump on it and find out for yourself.

Fewtch - any chance you could include pictures?

Mar 26, 2006 at 12:55 AM Post #4 of 4

fewtch

Headphoneus Supremus
Sure thing, will get pics up shortly.

P.S. in the interest of full disclosure, here's why I'm selling it: I own a pair of Koss Portapro2s and KTX-Pro1s with HD414 pads. When I use the adapter with these headphones, both bass (and volume level of the amp) decrease, but after adjusting for matching volume levels I hear no difference whatsoever in the sound with/without the adapter. Your mileage may vary, and apparently does for many people who use 75-ohm adapters with Koss 60-ohm drivers. It does allow for more breathing room in the volume control with low impedance cans + most amps, i.e. you can set the knob higher to minimize channel imbalances.

Users who are viewing this thread