From triple.fi to s4i, how big of a change?
Oct 20, 2009 at 4:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

archercat

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys... I want to get some headphones with a mic for my iphone. I have the triples now, which I love, but it's impossible to get a replacement cord with a mic, and the s4i's have the nifty pod controller too...

Would you think I would be severely disappointed in the change when I use the s4i's? All my other phones have been dynamic, Senn ie6, Shure e2c, JBL reference, Dennon C551 etc... I would assume the s4i's would kinda be like the ie6's? (maybe more treble in the s4i's?)

Most of what I read agree the the s4's are pretty good, but people are comparing them to similar phones. I was thinking super.fi 5vi since I seem to like UE sound, but if the s4i's are better sonically I'd go with them. Thanks for any input

I hope to not loose any:
Isolation
Treble

Bass I would guess would be the same or increase in quantity with the dynamic s4's but decrease with the super.fi 5vi?

Oct 20, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #2 of 4
Oct 20, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeMark /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am confused (well many people say that!) but if you like the Triple fi, why not get the triple fi 10vi. Here's the link: Ultimate Ears TripleFi Overview - Headphones Noise Isolating Earphones In-Ear Custom Monitors - Products - Ultimate Ears Earphones Headphones Personal Monitors

He already has the Triple.Fi. Just not the one with the iphone cable and that cable is hard to find separately.

With the S4 you will loose a bit of isolation but not treble. I've been listening to them for the last couple of weeks and I'm very impressed.

Oct 20, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks, yeah... had I known I was going to join the dark side and get an iphone I would have purchased the Triple.fi vi, why they make it impossible to obtain the vi cable is a mystery to me...

I am OK with losing a bit of isolation... The whole reason I went to the Triples was I wasn't quite satisfied with the treble in all the other phones... So as long as that stays somewhat similar I should be good to go...

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back