FROM MS1 to HD212Pro
Dec 9, 2008 at 12:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

iphone3g

Head-Fier
I had the MS1's for about a month, used them literally allday

I loved the detail and treble and I noticed that it had absolutely no bass what so ever. I even changed the pads to bowls and it didn't do anything to the bass but it made it more clearer. I thought that I would get used to the MS1 detailed no bass sound but I realized I couldnt and that I needed some bass in my music.

So I got the HD212
Wow what a can, Not as detailed as the MS1's but has relatively the same mids and highs and the Bass is perfect. I read on here that the Bass is so strong that it ruins the song. This is very untrue the bass is perfect.
In my opinion the HD212 is a lot better can then the MS1's

And to think I got the HD212 Pro for $26 brand new!

Dec 9, 2008 at 12:33 AM Post #2 of 9
congrats! quite surprised that you love the fart-like bass.
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2008 at 1:03 AM Post #4 of 9
What sound card, portable device, receiver, amp, etc. are you plugging your headphones into?

The source / amp "could" mean the difference between the MS1 seeming light on bass and the HD212 seeming bass bloated. Also, one's preference for a bassier presentation or with bassier music "could" explain this difference as well. Synergy and preference.

Dec 9, 2008 at 1:04 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should have gotten the K81/K518 instead, same sound as the HD212 but a lot more portable.

Yea, but I wanted to try Sennheiser

I would of gotten a better Senn Can but I wanted it to be 32ohms and the HD212 was the best 32ohm can senn has

Dec 9, 2008 at 3:00 AM Post #6 of 9
Sorry - but the HD 212 doesn't have bass, it has low-end distorted bloat - rather muddy and quite disappointing - absolutely no comparison to the MS 1 - IMHO.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back