From IE7 to??
Jul 8, 2012 at 7:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Blotto80

100+ Head-Fier
I recently bought a pair of IE7s but when they showed up they were fakes. I'm kind of gun shy on trying for another pair with the high amount of counterfeit senns out there. Once I get my money back I'll have about $175 to spend was wondering what kind of comparable units fall into my price range.
My desktop phones are HD650s and I love them, I'm pretty treble sensitive (I found D2000s to sibilant) so that is a consideration. I currently have UE600s and I do like them, I've just got the upgrade bug.
I was looking at the Vsonic GR07 MK2 as it's supposed to smooth out the highs but as they are so new there's not a lot of feedback yet. Soundstage is very important to me, not a basshead but do appreciate some kick. Musical tastes are all over the place from metal to acoustic rock to hip hop.
My sources will be my iPod and iPad, no room in my pockets for a portable amp.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jul 8, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #2 of 6
I went from senn IE7 to yamaha eph-100.
The yamaha are an upgrade in overall clarity , and also in treble department.
They are Very airy, as good as open headphones, however the realism of soundstage might be a hint better with ie7.
These are very good all rounder, but if you are looking to "bass head" euphoria, the ie7 would have the edge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back