Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread
Aug 11, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #857 of 867
Quote:
Are we really sure that there are no other worthwhile monitoring CIEMs out there apart from the UERMs (and NT-6)???
I don't like the idea of buying Logitech headphones...

Take a look at the cosmic ears BA4 http://www.cosmicears.com/shop/ba4/ Here's a review on them: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/totl-madness-24-top-line-custom-ear-monitors-reviewed-companies-john-grandberg
Note that this was the review on the neutral version, there is also a 'fun' version which has slightly more bass to counter the slight spike in upper mids.  When sourced correctly these apparently come close to the JH13, for about a third of the price (if you live in EU).

Or spiral ears: http://www.spiralear.com/en/products/se5-reference/ (although these are probably not super duper neutral)

Aug 11, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #858 of 867
Quote:
Are we really sure that there are no other worthwhile monitoring CIEMs out there apart from the UERMs (and NT-6)???
I don't like the idea of buying Logitech headphones...

Two years ago I had the same mentality as you and refused to get the UERM. I ended up wasting so much money and time on other products.

The UERM screams quality. It is nothing like the Logitech that you know of. It's like a totally different brand and product.

Aug 12, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #861 of 867
I like to look at Ultimate Ears in a positive light. Jerry Harvey started them off, then they refined their craft. Then Logitech stepped in and brought their streamlined marketing, quality control and international resources.

Purin's thread on his factory tour was pretty neat.

I like supporting the little guy, but maybe for a reliable reference we just need to trust a big company?

Aug 18, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #862 of 867
ATTENTION EVERYONE.

I just recieved this email from David at Frogbeats. It looks like my suspicions regarding build quality were true...
Hello Jake,

My sincerest apologies for not getting back to you sooner on this. The main reason is that we've been trying to slowly close everything down with Frogbeats. The CIEM venture was not a successful one and we lost a lot of money doing it. 

It makes me happy to hear that we still have people that are recommending us, but I unfortunately cannot offer you a pair of C4s. The reason is that we actually make a loss in the sale of them, and I am actually concerned about our build quality with the last few, hence why I don't want to sell you something that you will be disappointed with when you receive them. 

There are many reasons for my concerns about the quality, but I cannot go into any of the details due to NDAs and the sort, so all I can say is that I'm really sorry and that I would recommend you go with someone more reputable - like the UERMs. 

Kind regards,
David Annez
Frogbeats owner

Aug 19, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #863 of 867
Damn!
Are they still doing reshells? If so, I'll do you a good price on my set 
normal_smile .gif
?
Remember these are now limited editions!

Dec 18, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #865 of 867
Dec 19, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #866 of 867

Strange... I randomly thought to check the website, this evening, and I see the Frogbeat range still (apparently) being offered for sale - I thought that was no longer the case... unless the website is a ghost ship?

ghost i think but you could always fire an email and see if you get a reply

Nah, I don't have the cash, and there are plenty of alternatives - it really was just a random visit and surprise that it was still there, so I was curious.

Cheers
beerchug.gif

Dec 21, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #867 of 867

Nah, I don't have the cash, and there are plenty of alternatives - it really was just a random visit and surprise that it was still there, so I was curious.

Cheers
beerchug.gif

oh i did mean just email to say hi, you still alive sort of thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back