Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread
Apr 20, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #736 of 867
I thought you were going to send them into a refit? Or are you planning on using up your 30 days before sending them in?

Apr 20, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #737 of 867
Might go the 30 days, because I don't want to blame the fit if it's not really the fit.

Looked at the BTG site, those cables don't look all that inexpensive compared to the normal westone ones.

Apr 20, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #741 of 867
I'm having one of those asymmetrical cables made for my C4's atm... J-cord ftw:p

Apr 20, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #742 of 867
Cracking noise driving me insane. Kill. So many. Hippies.

EDIT: Fudging with the bend helps a bit.

EDIT2: I believe it's the silver bar that's located inside the plastic tube (that hooks over the outside of your ears), alongside the two helix-ing wires that make up the black cable. The silver bar belonging to the right CIEM is completely straight, hugging the black wires, and facing outside when the tube is bent at a right angle. The silver bar belonging to the left CIEM is not straight at all, loose, and actually interferes with the helix-ing black wires when bent. As if someone had repeatedly twisted the plastic tubing and deformed the bar. I'm positive it came like this. Anyways, when the bar touches the plastic, it makes the crackling noise.

Apr 20, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #743 of 867
Quote:
I believe it's the silver bar that's located inside the plastic tube (that hooks over the outside of your ears), alongside the two helix-ing wires that make up the black cable. The silver bar belonging to the right CIEM is completely straight, hugging the black wires, and facing outside when the tube is bent at a right angle. The silver bar belonging to the left CIEM is not straight at all, loose, and actually interferes with the helix-ing black wires when bent. As if someone had repeatedly twisted the plastic tubing and deformed the bar. I'm positive it came like this. Anyways, when the bar touches the plastic, it makes the crackling noise.

That 'silver bar' is the memory metal wire that I repeatedly mentioned in my previous post. It helps to keep the hook in shape around your ear and it is meant to be bent and not be straight.

You can try bending the memory metal wire to conform it to the shape you need. Unless you post a photo or a video, no one can help you and repeated ranting will not solve anything.

Apr 20, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #744 of 867
EDIT: Nevermind. Head-fi isn't a place to ask for help for the uninformed anymore. Adieu.

Apr 21, 2013 at 6:05 AM Post #745 of 867
Quote:
Cracking noise driving me insane. Kill. So many. Hippies.

EDIT: Fudging with the bend helps a bit.

EDIT2: I believe it's the silver bar that's located inside the plastic tube (that hooks over the outside of your ears), alongside the two helix-ing wires that make up the black cable. The silver bar belonging to the right CIEM is completely straight, hugging the black wires, and facing outside when the tube is bent at a right angle. The silver bar belonging to the left CIEM is not straight at all, loose, and actually interferes with the helix-ing black wires when bent. As if someone had repeatedly twisted the plastic tubing and deformed the bar. I'm positive it came like this. Anyways, when the bar touches the plastic, it makes the crackling noise.

My cable failed a short while after I got the c5's, just below the strain relief was a break in one of the wires which when twisted would break the signal all together and twisted back up would work I got one of these they are a perfect westone fit but the pins are a fraction to long (>1mm) but can be taken down with a file or a sharpening stone. Good price and nicely made.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dark-Lord-Telfon-upgrade-cable-for-Westone-4R-W4R-um3x-RC-/261172801078?pt=UK_Home_Garden_CD_DVDStorage_SM&hash=item3ccf1cae36

Apr 21, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #746 of 867
I discovered that when I listen to the C4 at a volume slightly louder than my 'normal', everything sounded fantastic.

I usually stopped when the sound gets too loud. In most instance (all actually), it is the mids/treble. However, in the case of the C4, it is the lows.

The bass quantity is on the side of heavy but once the C4 is in the ears for around 10mins, the ears will get accustomed to the amount of bass. And, since our ears is more sensitive to the highs than lows, by increasing the volume, our ears will pick up more highs than lows at each incremental loudness.

So, directly out of my Benchmark DAC1, listening at the same loudness in the upper mids as my usual listening habit (which means I am listening to more bass than usual), the C4 is simply phenomenal. I am not sure if the C4 is intended to listen to loud but it is very very seductive to listen to that I almost could not take it out of my ears. The sound is very clean.

Apr 21, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #747 of 867
I discovered that when I listen to the C4 at a volume slightly louder than my 'normal', everything sounded fantastic.

I usually stopped when the sound gets too loud. In most instance (all actually), it is the mids/treble. However, in the case of the C4, it is the lows.

The bass quantity is on the side of heavy but once the C4 is in the ears for around 10mins, the ears will get accustomed to the amount of bass. And, since our ears is more sensitive to the highs than lows, by increasing the volume, our ears will pick up more highs than lows at each incremental loudness.

So, directly out of my Benchmark DAC1, listening at the same loudness in the upper mids as my usual listening habit (which means I am listening to more bass than usual), the C4 is simply phenomenal. I am not sure if the C4 is intended to listen to loud but it is very very seductive to listen to that I almost could not take it out of my ears. The sound is very clean.

Is this with or without EQ?

Apr 21, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #750 of 867
Your enjoying the C4s now eh?  Have you gotten your UERMs yet?

So far it only works well out of my Benchmark DAC1. On clip+ and rwak100 it is still not good.

The C4 is not neutral nor transparent in its sound but under the right synergy can but quite fun sounding and impressive.

UERM will arrive end of this month. UE on its own part sent an email after receiving my impression to inform me the latest date that my UERM will be sent out. That is excellent customer service IMO. No chasing or hunting down the supplier is needed but on the opposite they come out to engage you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back