Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread
Apr 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #676 of 867
Quote:
 If it didn't really appeal to you, then you might as well just live with it.

Well... he did drop a considerable amount of money on these. I don't think anyone should settle for a sub-par fit after paying that much.

Apr 11, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #677 of 867
Eve, I don't actually have any notable issues with the sound. (Well the right is bit clearer, but all my headphones/sources do that, so common denominator...) I apologize if I came off that way. I'm crazy regardless, we all know that.

I also planned for a potential refit, using the cash saved from Frogbeat's early discount. It's just a matter of "do I actually need one". That's potential hooker money.

Apr 11, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #679 of 867
My audiologist probably won't charge me for impressions, so I'm guessing up to $100ish to ship there and back. I think I'm beginning to adapt to the fit, it gets better and worse each time I put them on. The C4s are less noticeable in my ears than the Triple.Fi 10s, but the latter feels more secure when doing active stuff. I can live with it, as long as it's within the realms of CIEM normality. This is my first, so hence the madness that has ensued and will continue to.

Apr 11, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #680 of 867
I nguesss the rule of thumb is, if you are bothered enough, just send it back. Like itshot said, considering that much is already invested, you must well just send them back,

Ive had trouble with email responses lately. Ive wondered how much the shipping would cost and tried to confirm what was going to be done to them (ie left is a refit, and right might need a new pin adapter) hopefully they know what theyre doing. Posting it on here because david sometimes reads this more often than my emails....

Apr 12, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #681 of 867
Apr 12, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #682 of 867
Fortunately the C4 volume changes aren't huge. A swing of 10db one way or another isn't as drastic as, say, 3 pushes on the volume up on my iPhone5. Saw that post, not that concerned for myself personally. My hearing is pretty good right now, 18khz np. 
redface.gif

But yeah! Definitely a reminder to take care of your ears as you would your body. 

Off topicish, I picked up a pair of W3000ANVs out of curiosity, and they've really wowed me so far. I was planning on keeping only one between the 3000 and TH-900 due to the similarish sound signature role they fill, but I might leave both around if the 3000s continue to impress.

Apr 12, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #683 of 867
Haha... I'm doing the opposite. Letting go of almost everything save for the C4's, SR125's, and backup IEM and a few other things.

Apr 12, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #685 of 867
I had to sell of everything for the C4s. Now I'm in the process of expanding my IEM palette. My next purchase is going to be the Ocharaku KAEDE. That'll be interesting to compare with.

Apr 12, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #686 of 867
Apr 12, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #687 of 867
Kirosia has only two other headphones and he's keeping them as backups/beaters. The cable on his TP10 is about to go though (flimsy bastards), and he's not spending another $25.

Apr 12, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #690 of 867
Quote:
I listen at -7db and downscale using my amp, which is equivalent to about -40dB just using the Clip+. Confused me when I read your comment; 40dB would be crazy loud! :p

itshot must have really sensitive ears. From the listening preferences of others at meets and the like, I always thought I listened at a reasonable/slightly under the average volume!

CIEMs are really nice, but I definitely need another option at home. I'm too used to having a pair of nice over-ear headphones I can casually slip on my noggin and leisurely listen to in my chair. The C4 doesn't quite offer the same experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back