Friend has HD212 Pro...
Aug 7, 2002 at 5:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Magicthyse

Better to look good than to sound good!
I was replying to another thread and it reminded me of this:

So my friend handed me these headphones, saying "I don't know why I got these". (I ought to say that my friend has a V700 as well) I have the 497 and, well, me like. I didn't think 212's would be that different. So I clamped on the 212's and he switched on his MZ-N1 minidisc...

What? I've heard this before!
IT'S A V700-LITE!

If anything, this bthooms more than a V700. Now this, my friends, is unusable bass. I had to crank down the bass on the N1's EQ (yes... on a gutless N1!) before it came down to V700 levels.

Forget the V700, if you head-fiers are going to rag on anything, rag on the 212 Pro. Definition is only slightly more ragged than the V700's but, jeez, this bass really is excessive. At least the V700 is much more solidly built to justify the price tag.

I'm very glad another inexperienced friend plumped for the Beyer 231's instead.

------------------

However, if anyone out there is looking for a V700-type sound on a budget, the HD212's are for you. Comfort is excellent as on the 497, it's stupidly light for a pair of headphones and there's useful isolation. If you have a Sony MD with EQ, you can tone these characteristics down to have a halfway civilized sound...

Aug 7, 2002 at 6:37 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

if anyone out there is looking for a V700-type sound on a budget

As far as I know, anyone in their right state of mind wouldn't be looking for V700-type sound for any amount of money.
biggrin.gif

Aug 7, 2002 at 8:27 PM Post #3 of 5
Mmmm, horses for courses.

We don't all listen to Doris Day like many here seem to...
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 8, 2002 at 6:09 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by Magicthyse
I was replying to another thread and it reminded me of this:

What? I've heard this before!
IT'S A V700-LITE!

I TOLD YOU!!!

rolleyes.gif

me - "i hate the 212. it sounds like a v700dj.."

AND THE CRAZY THING IS THAT HEADROOM SAYS THEY ARE A GREAT VALUE!?!?! WAT IS UP WITH THAT??? HAVE THEY GONE BASSHEAD STYLE??

Aug 8, 2002 at 8:55 PM Post #5 of 5
Hey I recommended the koss r80's at that price.. ow well live and learn.. :p

Biggie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back