Frequency responce of Etymotic ER-4Ps...
Nov 4, 2002 at 11:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

archosman

Songs From The Crystal Cave
Can anyone tell me what it is. I can't find my manual. Thanks in advance.

Nov 5, 2002 at 1:32 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Peddler
Don't let the figures fool you into thinking that these are dull or lacking in treble - they are absolutely the best sound you can get that their price - period!

check my profile...

Nov 5, 2002 at 8:55 AM Post #5 of 7
archosman...

...don't you have that early bass rolloff issue with your ER-4P when plugged directly into your Archos Studio 20 (considering their low impedance)? Or do you never use it that way? I guess with the JMT amp it's a huge difference.

For me too the ER-4s are one of the best headphones. I have chosen something between the «P» and the «S»: the «X» has a 50 ohm serial resistor.

Btw: nice Banana... and so vivid!

Marcel

Nov 5, 2002 at 9:56 AM Post #6 of 7
I think Dusty Chalk or somebody else originally brought the banana here...
evil_smiley.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 5, 2002 at 7:34 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by JaZZ
archosman...

...don't you have that early bass rolloff issue with your ER-4P when plugged directly into your Archos Studio 20 (considering their low impedance)? Or do you never use it that way? I guess with the JMT amp it's a huge difference.

For me too the ER-4s are one of the best headphones. I have chosen something between the «P» and the «S»: the «X» has a 50 ohm serial resistor.

Btw: nice Banana... and so vivid!

Marcel

With the JMT... no problems. I also have the Jukebox MultiMedia. Haven't decided which one I like best soundwise. I can here a difference between the two. I rip all my mp3s at 256kbps. On the Studio 20 they sound fine... on the JBMM the variable bit rate ones sound thin. Go figure. Guess that topic is for another forum though. Thought about getting the fixup cable but haven't done it yet... and don't talk about my Banana in public, please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back