Free Online Radios
Feb 27, 2006 at 8:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

SRM

Head-Fier
Hi,

I was wondering if people would like to exchange knowledge about online radios, including ofcourse the genres mainly played.
The radios that I find my self listening to the most are:

Classical:
Happy Days: http://mn.inlive.co.kr/?ID=FFG1234&H...24074937&SK=YU
Problem with that one is that it's only 128Kbps feed.. But the content is absolutely amazing.. If anyone knows similar sounding radio on 320Kbps or VBR 0 please inform me
smily_headphones1.gif

This one has absolutely AMAZING content, if only their stream would have just somewhat more detail.. I "listen" to this one a lot, but when ever I like to immerse my self into the music, i just have to put on cd or vinyl.. sadly..

Metal:
ChroniX Radio: http://www.chronixradio.com/
Problem again is the bitrate, otherwise this one ROCKS... Thankfully on this kind of music the low (128) bitrate doesn't leave as much unsatisfied as it does on classical or jazz music. Never the less, it's the only thing I don't find myself spending hours after hours with this one..

Of course I'd love to hear you're oppinions on all kinds of online radios, especialy those with somewhat higher quality streams
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 28, 2006 at 9:35 AM Post #2 of 9
Feb 28, 2006 at 11:37 AM Post #3 of 9
I always return to AVRO Klassiek for classical music. look under Luisterkamer and webradio in the left frame.

The Swedish National Radio(upper left corner) also has nice playlists. Not always the usual classical top 40. Try the SR Mozart: Only Mozart.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 28, 2006 at 3:48 PM Post #4 of 9
I second the vote for www.radioparadise.com. Lots of tracks you've probably never heard that are just as good as the ones you know that they also play. Goes everywhere from Beth Orton to Porcupine Tree and it's all GOOD. Seriously, the best radio station I've ever heard.

On iTunes under 'Eclectic,' as mentioned above and also under 'Alt/Modern Rock.'
580smile.gif

Feb 28, 2006 at 3:52 PM Post #5 of 9
www.di.fm has some good free electronic streams... from techno to ambient to lounge.

Mar 1, 2006 at 8:50 AM Post #7 of 9
Thanks a lot, Radio Paradise and AVRO Klassiek made it to my fav channels, of course Radio Paradise has the same problem as most conventional radios, they play MANY kinds of music.. If I'd like that I could just play my collection on random playback (not very nice to hear, range is from black metal to classical and electronic) but never the less, it plays quite nice stuff, which makes me want some more cds
smily_headphones1.gif

This is the way to practise music, first listen to what ever ****t is on radio (free) decide what to buy and then get it.. Normaly this doesn't work for me, as conventional radios here in finland don't play stuff I like to hear (mostly) so I just don't listen to radio. Online radios mostly have more detailed style which makes them much easier to listen.. and make musical findings..

Btw. I'm in love, Ephel Duath knocked my socks off
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 3, 2006 at 4:41 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by dave-the-rave
I second the vote for www.radioparadise.com. Lots of tracks you've probably never heard that are just as good as the ones you know that they also play. Goes everywhere from Beth Orton to Porcupine Tree and it's all GOOD. Seriously, the best radio station I've ever heard.

On iTunes under 'Eclectic,' as mentioned above and also under 'Alt/Modern Rock.'
580smile.gif

I third it! Thanks to OceanEnthusiast for the original recomendation.

What I've really liked about www.radioparadise.com is the progressions from one track to the next - often with same/similar song, but different artist, or with original artist, then modern day cover - very cool. I like a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back