Free Audio test CD to download
Feb 28, 2007 at 1:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

lerio

500+ Head-Fier
I found this on internet, http://virtuelvis.com/archives/2004/09/audio-test-cd

It's a full Audio test CD with 63 track of 10 sec each, start from 20 Hz go to 22000 Hz

I just test it with my Grado sr60 from my PC i can ear both from 20 Hz and 22000 Hz , at 39 years old i guess it's not so bad
cool.gif

Can be usefull for both test you headphone and you ear capacity But Beware of volume you use it, particullary mid range, first try at LOW volume !!!

I copy his warning about that

Warning
When playing the Audio CD in a CD/DVD player, caution with the volume setting is highly encouraged. The CD contains frequencies your system might not be able to reproduce properly. These frequencies, while not subsonic, may cause damages to your system if the volume setting is to high.

Caution is also encouraged with regard to your hearing: Loud noises, like the ones on this CD may cause hearing damage

Feb 28, 2007 at 1:56 PM Post #2 of 22
you should checkout the bink audio test CD

http://binkster.net/extras.shtml

beware tho some of the tracks are DC for testing players etc, do not play those into speakers/headphones!

Feb 28, 2007 at 2:09 PM Post #3 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by flecom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you should checkout the bink audio test CD

http://binkster.net/extras.shtml

beware tho some of the tracks are DC for testing players etc, do not play those into speakers/headphones!

Look interesting too

Feb 28, 2007 at 2:12 PM Post #4 of 22
Lerio, your download link doesn't work for me.

Feb 28, 2007 at 2:28 PM Post #5 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lerio, your download link doesn't work for me.

I guess many people use it now so just wait a moment, i just test it he work fine

It's same problem as the bink audio test CD posted by flecom, i download it at only 94 Kb while my connection can handle 800 Kb, Many people download it now
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2007 at 2:38 PM Post #6 of 22
I can't even connect to the server.

Feb 28, 2007 at 2:59 PM Post #7 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't even connect to the server.

I just test it with Inteernet Explorer and Opera, you use what ? Firefox ?

Feb 28, 2007 at 3:02 PM Post #8 of 22
Nevermind, I got it. I had to change my DNS servers.

Once again, I can hear the 22kHz tone on both my headphones and my speakers. I have to turn the volume up a little louder than normal, but I can hear it. I can hear 15-20kHz without turning the volume up. My HF sensitivity starts to drop off after 18kHz.

Feb 28, 2007 at 4:30 PM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by flecom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Which one ? as Newbie i don't want to make a mistake
plainface.gif

Feb 28, 2007 at 5:09 PM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

You will need 7-Zip or another program that understands the 7-Zip compression format to decompress the file. Please note that while the archive is only 218KB compressed, it will expand to 106MB when decompressed.

blink.gif
That's some crazy compression.

Feb 28, 2007 at 5:17 PM Post #11 of 22
lerio and flecom. Thanks for the links.
Downloading as we speak, and will give them a try.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 28, 2007 at 5:54 PM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lockout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
blink.gif

Yes, but i test it with other files, it depend of what kind of file you compress, for this one it's Amazing, for a .avi it's same as .rar

Feb 28, 2007 at 6:45 PM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lockout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
blink.gif

I think it's because all of the files are nothing more than pure tones. That's a whole lot of redundant information that can be gotten rid of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back