Free 9mm IEM drivers for Custom IEM making
Jul 17, 2010 at 1:04 PM Post #17 of 29
UPDATE:

Received the drivers yesterday, thanks again to Mr. Fang for this idea. I've taken pictures and sent them along to Unique Melody, as requested. Now it's a matter of waiting for the response. From there we will know if a custom reshell is possible or not. I have still not heard from Fisher Audio, I'm going to email them again, maybe I got trapped in a spam filter or something.

Anyone else feel free to post your progress as well.

Jul 17, 2010 at 9:04 PM Post #18 of 29
I received them to today also. They are as they look above,

And was hoping that Unique Melody would do them also. As they seem to take personal requests with a passion; working around obstacles to finish them.

Jul 18, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #19 of 29
I was a tad worried about ACS since it occured to me that silicone would not be ideal for an enclosure since stiffness is necessary for Dynamic phones.

Westone was another hope since they are able to blend silicone and acrylic.  I'll double check w/ them to verify whether or not this is possible for them.

My next hope is UE.  They know dynamic drivers and they make the molds only a few miles away from me.  

I'll see what I can dig up on both fronts.

Jul 18, 2010 at 3:23 AM Post #20 of 29
It's a real shame that kostalex did not get a pair of these.

Jul 18, 2010 at 10:19 AM Post #21 of 29
I've convinced Sam from Unique Melody his acquaintances are going to play around with them and create something for me. Now to make myself a new ear-mold.

Anyone know any good ones in Michigan. I didn't like that last one I went to.

Sep 24, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #25 of 29

OK, sent my drivers to Fisher hearing to get swapped into my Meelec M6 housing.  That way I could verify my impressions of the sound prior to enclosing them into a custom mold.  I even got another M6 so I could AB them back to back. 

Good-Nice, clear detail and treble.  Sounds great except....

Bad-As stated by Zappp, no Bass.  If I had any bass at all these would be pretty fantastic sounding.

Looking at the phones the installation by Fisher looks pretty good, all the wiring is spot on.  Don't see any excessive cracks that would leak air.  The drivers are close to the stock M6 drivers in size so the housing should be adequate.  One thing I notice is the stock M6 drivers have nocover on them but the 262 has that black filter or cover.  I assumed that is supposed to stay there, is that right?

At this point, I can't continue any further and suggest noone else does till we get an answer from Fang about the Bass issue.  I've already sacrificed a $20 IEM and $50 for the driver swap.  I'm sure Zappp is out a pretty penny unless he got his fixed.

Pics:

Sep 25, 2010 at 12:02 AM Post #27 of 29
Oh, I see. Do you have rear vents / ports? Stock RE252 have them.

Quote:
Good-Nice, clear detail and treble. Sounds great except....
Bad-As stated by Zappp, no Bass. If I had any bass at all these would be pretty fantastic sounding.

Sep 25, 2010 at 3:30 AM Post #28 of 29

Quote:
What are you talking about?

Zappp got his put into some custom customs.  They have no bass either.  Wish we could add you to the group PM somehow.  No the M6 housing isn't ported.  Since the 262 drivers are about the same size as the M6 drivers I figured the M6 housing would be sufficient since the M6 produces plenty of bass.  There is not an issue of little bass but NO bass.  As in ZERO!  From my understanding ports/vents are there to enhance bass response, not to create bass.  Not all IEMs are ported afterall.  Maybe I'm wrong.  Till we can get some support from Fang we have basically no usable product for the money we've spent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back