FREE ‘Boutique CMoy’ - Swiss Army – You Only Pay Shipping
Jul 31, 2008 at 10:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

breakfastchef

500+ Head-Fier
I built a three non-portable CMoys as my introduction to DIY audio electronics, but I have no use for them now. I know no one that would appreciate these cool amps so I am offering the Swiss Army CMoy to anyone in the Head-Fi community that would like to have it. I only ask that you pay the shipping cost of $8.95. Perhaps some of you interested in experimenting with a CMoy would find this amp of interest.

m_SwissArmyMoyClosed.jpg

The Swiss Army CMoy is a standard Tangent build (Audiologica). The amp is built with a gain of 11, more than enough output for most any headphones. You can change the gain by swapping out the appropriate resistors. The amp works fine; battery not included. The amp is 4” W x 4” D x 2.5” H. Some of the build materials include:
  1. OPA2123P Op Amp
  2. 470 microfarad caps in C1 – Better bass handling

m_SwissArmyOpen.jpg

I probably have put around $40 of parts into this amp. The workmanship is very good. No guarantees or strings attached. This amp is being sold AS IS. If you want to modify the CMoy board, read through Tangent’s tutorials. The Op Amp can be easily swapped out for another of your choice. Have fun with this device!

I prefer PayPal for payment of shipping charges. PM me with your interest. Shipping to CONUS preferred. If an international buyer is interested, you pay the additional shipping charges. No arguing with the shipping rate for international requests, please.

Jul 31, 2008 at 11:29 PM Post #2 of 5

bergman2

500+ Head-Fier
YGPM

Users who are viewing this thread