Frank Ocean - Blonde is a great headphone album
Aug 24, 2016 at 1:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

nk126

100+ Head-Fier
If anything in the R&B / Modern Soul / Hip-Hop sphere is your cup of tea, check out Blonde on your favorite pair of cans or IEMs. It's a great headphone record - really well produced with lots of layers and detail and great vocals. 

Aug 25, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #2 of 5
Sadly Tidal doesn't seem to have this album in Australia... any other favourites from him

TonyAAA

Aug 31, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #3 of 5
Channel orange is probably a even "better" record. Very different style, not as obvious a headphone record to me, but definitely one of my favorites.

Sep 11, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #4 of 5
Blonde is available on Spotify now (originally an Apple Music exclusive) so anyone who hasn't listened to it yet due to the Apple exclusivity I would highly recommend it.

Both of his albums are very different - Channel Orange has a lot of electronic production, whereas Blonde has a lot of guitar.  Both albums sound great, but I would recommend them to anyone regardless of their sound quality.

Blonde is a bit more artsy and takes a few more listens to appreciate, Channel Orange is the one to start with in my opinion.

Mar 21, 2017 at 2:24 AM Post #5 of 5
I'm listening to it now on my Fidelio X2s but the song Ivy (on of my favs) sounds somewhat distorted, wonder if that was on purpose... Will try out a flac version of the album, Spotify's quality is kinda meh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back