Found: XLR-SE adapter (Neutrik)
Nov 9, 2008 at 4:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

orkney

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,

Looking for a high-quality adapter so that I can move easily between balanced and SE on my rig. Dual 3-pin neutriks to SE, Mogami cable is fine. Budget is around 40.00 or so shipped to Canada. Emailing better than PMs at the moment and thanks for looking,

o

Nov 12, 2008 at 3:35 PM Post #3 of 7

qusp

Member of the Trade: Twisted Cables
good luck with that budget, with 3 connectors at least; 2 of which being XLR involved you'de be luck to have 10-15 dollars left for wire and labour. might be why there's no interest

Nov 12, 2008 at 7:30 PM Post #4 of 7

nikongod

DIY-ku
sorry to turn this into a discussion thread:
that should be within budget for a DIYer unless really exotic connectors are desired. Its worth remembering that the MOT rules give a recommended hourly rate for DIY efforts. $0/hour.

Depending on how the amp is set up, it may not work out well though. Not all balanced amps wire the ground pin (or support ground return currents) on the output connectors. Sometimes it will work sometimes it wont
smily_headphones1.gif

relivant reading

Nov 13, 2008 at 5:09 AM Post #6 of 7

qusp

Member of the Trade: Twisted Cables
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry to turn this into a discussion thread:
that should be within budget for a DIYer unless really exotic connectors are desired. Its worth remembering that the MOT rules give a recommended hourly rate for DIY efforts. $0/hour.

Depending on how the amp is set up, it may not work out well though. Not all balanced amps wire the ground pin (or support ground return currents) on the output connectors. Sometimes it will work sometimes it wont
smily_headphones1.gif

relivant reading

fair enough comment. only used to using more expensive wires and connectors though. therefor my comment. plus I couldn't even think of it because i live in australia and shipping would be prohibitive

Users who are viewing this thread