Found a possible headphone storage bag: Is it safe?
Jun 24, 2008 at 9:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

blubliss

500+ Head-Fier
I found this bag used for silver storage that I want to use for my headphones:

Zippered Silver Storage Bag by Hagerty®

The issue is that it is treated with some compound to prevent tarnish:

"The silversmith's cloth used contains R-22 that prevents tarnish by neutralizing the effect of harmful airborne sulfur, keeping your silverware protected for years."

Does anyone think this will harm any part of a headphone-leather, plastic, diaphragm, etc.? I bought one already and it fits my L3000 nicely (my R10s are in the L3000 bag).

Please give me your thoughts or alternatives, thanks.

andy

Jun 24, 2008 at 10:40 PM Post #2 of 7
I am not sure this bag will mar your headphones, but I would look for another, non-treated fabric as my first choice. It just seems unneccesary to try and re-purpose a container that is designed for a specific purpose. You could make such a bag very cheaply. Actually, any sack large enough for the cans would be sufficient. Check your local liquor store for a fine bottle of something that comes in a drawstring bag. While you imbibe of the contents of the bottle, your headphones might look more alluring.

Jun 24, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #3 of 7
Thank you for the suggestion. I had not thought of alcohol bags since i don't drink anymore. I have looked a lot for something else to use.

Maybe I could summon my resourcefulness and make my own.
frown.gif

But i do want something more than a simple sack, so I can protect from dust.

Jun 25, 2008 at 2:25 AM Post #4 of 7
Go to Ikea and buy a storage box. I bought mine there for my beloved Darth Beyers. The box not only protects it from dust, it also shields it from sunlight.

Here are some examples:

main.php

kst_2.jpg

IKEA-ps-box.jpg

I'd post a pic of mine, but I don't have my cam with me right now. Ikea has tons of boxes, go have a look.
wink.gif
Might be worth a try.

Jun 25, 2008 at 3:13 AM Post #5 of 7
I use an aluminum case.

Jun 25, 2008 at 3:36 AM Post #6 of 7
Both good ideas, but my space is incredibly limited so i was going to use some sort of cloth bag on a sennheiser clip (which does work as long as the bag is a bit large) or on a headphone holder (to be made) where the bag would go over the top of both the headphone and holder peg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back