Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Aug 19, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #8,251 of 12,086

The advice I would give to you and everyone else: SLEEP ON IT.

Right now, in the flurry of forum posts about the bubble wrap thing might make it seem like a bigger deal than it really is.
You might decide to return them, you might end up not caring.
Point is: You don't have to make that decision today. 

Give it a few days, see what other people do, etc.

Great advice. I also have bubble wrap markings on mine but I absolutely couldn't care less. The coating is prone to scratches anyways. The sound is sublime, I won't wait another couple of months due to some coating markings :wink:

Aug 19, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #8,252 of 12,086

The advice I would give to you and everyone else: SLEEP ON IT.

Right now, in the flurry of forum posts about the bubble wrap thing might make it seem like a bigger deal than it really is.
You might decide to return them, you might end up not caring.
Point is: You don't have to make that decision today. 

Give it a few days, see what other people do, etc.

I asked them how they intend to handle it. My thought would be the credit to another item in their store with directions for us to fix ourselves would be easiest/best. If I do keep, I intend to get a super soft buffing wheel for my Dremel and some soft (non-abrasive) polish for wood and see if I can simply buff out the marks.

Aug 19, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #8,253 of 12,086
It'll be interesting to hear how the PHs compare to my D2000s. Do they actually have the same drivers? Is it all about them woods?

My PH-pair has finally arrived to my country (Finland), should be here next week - unless DHL does something crazy.

Aug 19, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #8,254 of 12,086
Did anyone else also notice that these headphones extract a lot out of vocals; breathing nuances or background voices?

Yes! And drums too. I love how realistic drums and cymbals sound.

Aug 19, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #8,255 of 12,086

I asked them how they intend to handle it. My thought would be the credit to another item in their store with directions for us to fix ourselves would be easiest/best. If I do keep, I intend to get a super soft buffing wheel for my Dremel and some soft (non-abrasive) polish for wood and see if I can simply buff out the marks.

That would be a pretty good outcome. Definitely better than rushing to send the PH back and having to wait months for a replacement.
Also we don't really know if the bubble marks might work their way out on their own over time.

Great advice. I also have bubble wrap markings on mine but I absolutely couldn't care less. The coating is prone to scratches anyways. The sound is sublime, I won't wait another couple of months due to some coating markings :wink:

I have the bubble markings on one of my cups. I'm a little disappointed by it, and yes for $450 we shouldn't have to deal with it....but at the end of the day it's very likely that I won't care enough to go through all the ******** of demanding a return, sending it in, waiting for a return, etc....all for a few marks that I can barely see.

Aug 19, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #8,260 of 12,086
As far as I know E-MU is just a branch of Creative. Massdrop had nothing to do with the creation of the Teaks. Also, people have been able to get the Teaks for the Massdrop price by emailing Chan directly.

Aug 19, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #8,261 of 12,086
Got my pair finally! Thankfully, no bubble wrap marks, but I've got some light scratching on the cups... Unfortunate, but hey, I'll take it. Now time to give them a listen 
L3000.gif

Aug 19, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #8,264 of 12,086
#01228 here and no cosmetic issues to report - I couldn't care less anyway - so probably early batch? Only starting to listening now and I absolutely love those. Coming from a Bitfrost and Sony PHA-2 as amp (waiting for the Lyr2 to come)... They sound somehow better than my D5000. Tighter, more present low end. Early judgment though. I'm going to have fun with these :wink:

Aug 19, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #8,265 of 12,086
It'll be interesting to hear how the PHs compare to my D2000s. Do they actually have the same drivers? Is it all about them woods?

My PH-pair has finally arrived to my country (Finland), should be here next week - unless DHL does something crazy.

I posted my thoughts earlier, but they are better than the D2000's in EVERY way imaginable right out the box... the Purplehearts are a nice upgrade from a D2000, my modded D2000's will be going to a co-worker once I get them put back together.

I don't think the drivers are exactly the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back