Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
May 2, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #6,182 of 12,086

Fostex starts to put their ear pads on public sale, including the ones for TH500RP which TH-X00s also come with.

http://www.fostex.jp/20160428/8791/

Any chance for an english link?

That depends on whether Fostex International would follow the decision. Currently there is no relevant information on the English site so it's an importing thing for now.

Also note the sale is yet to start (I should have written it, sorry), expected late May. Will keep you posted if Fostex International moves or online distributors for importing become available.

May 5, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #6,186 of 12,086
Same here, hope they slip through customs easily here in Europe.

May 5, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #6,189 of 12,086
Any X00 buyer from Australia? I think the headphones value are under the threshold here which technically mean no tax would be applied but this is my first time order some high value goods from oversea so I'm kind of worried.

May 5, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #6,191 of 12,086
Well the UPS guy visited today and delivered my Massdrop Fostex cans.  First impression is very positive. Visually the cups are flawless and quite pretty. Sound-wise, I'm pleasantly surprised:  I feared the overly-bright top end of the TH-900, but these are much more even in the treble.  And the bass is not just one-note thump.  It's a lot more nuanced and tuneful than I expected.  I'll burn these in for a while before detailed impressions.  Right now rocking on Lucius "How Loud Your Heart Gets" and Marian Hill "Sway."  Fun to listen to!

May 5, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #6,193 of 12,086
Considering the fact that my X00s have to get through UK customs, and there is no trackable information provided yet, I am afraid I will share companionship with the group called 'finally I have also had my X00s delivered'. sharing impressions in late May, best scenario. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back