Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Dec 17, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #3,031 of 12,078
This thread really should just be called the TH-X00 'shipping' review...

:rolleyes:

Preach it. This thread has been absolutely horrible at times to wade through all the total crap to read the great reviews and impressions. Never seen a headfi thread with so much unhelpful junk.

Dec 17, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #3,032 of 12,078
Preach it. This thread has been absolutely horrible at times to wade through all the total crap to read the great reviews and impressions. Never seen a headfi thread with so much unhelpful junk.

Poor soul! You have 2000 orders being shipped out at the same time, this is pretty unique so of course you will get a lot of people talking about when they will receive them, especially with some strange happenings in the shipping. Not everyone lives in the US...

I'm sure you can find plenty of impressions here and on massdrop.

Dec 17, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #3,033 of 12,078

Poor soul! You have 2000 orders being shipped out at the same time, this is pretty unique so of course you will get a lot of people talking about when they will receive them, especially with some strange happenings in the shipping. Not everyone lives in the US...

I'm sure you can find plenty of impressions here and on massdrop.

The K7XX first drop was 2000 units, and I don't remember that thread being this terrible.

Dec 17, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #3,035 of 12,078
Time of the year on the k7xx and also how much more similar units there are to the k7xx probably made the hype train unlike this Japanese bullet train.
The K7XX first drop was 2000 units, and I don't remember that thread being this terrible.

Dec 17, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #3,036 of 12,078

Because they were shipped by USPS and there was no forwarding for overseas orders then.

Actually, they added the forwarding service during the drop, if I remember correctly.

Time of the year on the k7xx and also how much more similar units there are to the k7xx probably made the hype train unlike this Japanese bullet train.

The K7XX first drop was in December, as well.

Dec 17, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #3,037 of 12,078

Probably due to these being way more interesting and hyped than the Kxxx phones. Those headphones, while nice, just weren't very exciting to me, or apparently as many other people either. This thread being at the top of the active thread list for weeks, should tell you these headphones are more than just hype. I can attest to that. After I tried mine on the first time I was like, "Holy crap, I need to tell people about these!" I haven't even been listening to my LCD-2 or HD650 since I got these. And it's not just new toy syndrome. These X00's are something special.

Dec 17, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #3,038 of 12,078
Probably due to these being way more interesting and hyped than the Kxxx phones. Those headphones, while nice, just weren't very exciting to me, or apparently as many other people either. This thread being at the top of the active thread list for weeks, should tell you these headphones are more than just hype. I can attest to that. After I tried mine on the first time I was like, "Holy crap, I need to tell people about these!" I haven't even been listening to my LCD-2 or HD650 since I got these. And it's not just new toy syndrome. These X00's are something special.

Wrong. Same hype, sold out just as quick.

I really was actually there, though... :p

Dec 17, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #3,039 of 12,078
Wrong. Same hype, sold out just as quick.

I really was actually there, though... :p
Yup, I was there too. K7xx thread was mostly filled with speculation of sound and impressions. I am in Canada, I know how frustrating it is to wait for shipping. This has been over the top.

Dec 17, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #3,040 of 12,078
Yup, I was there too. K7xx thread was mostly filled with speculation of sound and impressions. I am in Canada, I know how frustrating it is to wait for shipping. This has been over the top.

Sold out quick but they were a somewhat known entity. The hype around the TH-X00 reminded me of the furvor a guy has about his first real girlfriend. You just can't stop it.

It's not even based in reality, lol.

Dec 17, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #3,041 of 12,078
Sold out quick but they were a somewhat known entity. The hype around the TH-X00 reminded me of the furvor a guy has about his first real girlfriend. You just can't stop it.

It's not even based in reality, lol.

Sure, sure that's fair. Excitement is to be expected. The daily shipping update was stupid.

I will keep my peace now so this doesn't become the bavinck complains thread:p

Dec 17, 2015 at 11:59 PM Post #3,042 of 12,078

The K7XX first drop was in December, as well.

They've been out that long already? Wow... I remember it was a big deal beyond just the K7XX itself as the word Massdrop went from being a banned name to be mentioned to Massdrop being on the front page. Where did the year GO?! Sheez

--

BURN IN

BTW, I've had over 100hrs on the THX00 and it wasn't until someone mentioned the electronic music in LOUD volumes for over 72 hours did this thing seem like a totally different phone. I have to check it on the FiiO X5 again to make sure it wasn't me switching to the DX50 coinciding but man this thing seems like a veil was lifted with the bass getting tighter.

If anyone is using the the electronic music burn-in I suggest putting at least 72hrs of 70db music then moving up to 90-100db of electronic music for another 72hrs (please don't listen at these levels if wish to preserve your hearing). I would be hesitant to go to 90-100db in the first 48hrs of music on any headphone.

Dec 18, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #3,044 of 12,078
  I live 
I live in Vancouver, damn $80 is rough

Thanks, Jonny. I guess I better call DHL about where did my thx00 went.

Sorry guys, this is my last post shipping related.
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 18, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #3,045 of 12,078
They've been out that long already? Wow... I remember it was a big deal beyond just the K7XX itself as the word Massdrop went from being a banned name to be mentioned to Massdrop being on the front page. Where did the year GO?! Sheez

--

BURN IN

BTW, I've had over 100hrs on the THX00 and it wasn't until someone mentioned the electronic music in LOUD volumes for over 72 hours did this thing seem like a totally different phone. I have to check it on the FiiO X5 again to make sure it wasn't me switching to the DX50 coinciding but man this thing seems like a veil was lifted with the bass getting tighter.

If anyone is using the the electronic music burn-in I suggest putting at least 72hrs of 70db music then moving up to 90-100db of electronic music for another 72hrs (please don't listen at these levels if wish to preserve your hearing). I would be hesitant to go to 90-100db in the first 48hrs of music on any headphone.

Any electronic music, or is this a particular electronic music Cd you refer to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back