Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Dec 7, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #1,921 of 12,086
Dec 7, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #1,924 of 12,086
I don't think it's a known issue yet, but it is something to be cautious about. And since I think it's safe to say they'll be current hungry anyway, you probably want a low output impedance amp anyway. Plus the Vali won't remotely help a can that might be in danger of flabby bass already. You put the Vali in front of a can with overly strident bass if anything.

Excuse my novice question, but how do you know if a headphone needs current over voltage? Is it based on a combination of the sensitivity and impedance? And I agree these (or at least the TH900) sound good with more current. Especially can hear a difference through the current output of my Bakoon amp.

Dec 7, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #1,925 of 12,086
Excuse my novice question, but how do you know if a headphone needs current over voltage? Is it based on a combination of the sensitivity and impedance? And I agree these (or at least the TH900) sound good with more current. Especially can hear a difference through the current output of my Bakoon amp.

A good rule of thumb is usually lower impedance headphones want better current control, while higher impedance headphones want better voltage control.

But it is sometime case by case situation.

This is at least what I learned, could be wrong.

Dec 8, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #1,926 of 12,086
Apparently offended people with my comments as they're being considered sexual objectification and thus not amusing. So removing these just in case.

Moderators: please remove all other instances of my comments in other people's comments and as they're not germane to the discussion here anyway. Thanks.
Further i will refrain making comments anyone may find offensive on this forum going forward.

Dec 8, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #1,927 of 12,086
In respect of wishes.

Dec 8, 2015 at 12:28 AM Post #1,929 of 12,086
If only things were so simple... the coded wording in those descriptions...

In hopes that this thread can continue on without raging fires let's turn our attention back to the HPs themselves.

I'm eager to hear people's impressions as they come in. Going to start experimenting with different amps for these to see how easy/hard to drive they sound or how sensitive they are to pairings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back