Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Dec 7, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #1,786 of 12,086

oh no! The round going on now of people who have actually heard them that's pouring in seems to be very positive...

I guess he will end up not liking it hmm?
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 7, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #1,788 of 12,086
Hipster!!

At work everybody was raving about how good Nike are and that they were going to buy one on Black Friday.
Guess what everybody bought one and u know what I got

And know they are raving about mine.

oh no! The round going on now of people who have actually heard them that's pouring in seems to be very positive...

Mine have been delivered. Waiting for 4 o'clock.

Dec 7, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #1,789 of 12,086
All you guys are complaining about how you're getting these cans at the end of the week and i'm sitting here in Germany hoping to get them before Christmas :D

Any update on your tracking? Mine is the same as Friday still.

Dec 7, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #1,790 of 12,086
Ok so the bottom isn't headthumping (thank goodness) but i definitely feel the beat (kick/bass drum sound) from Kraftwerk's Man Machine and the bassline in Bob Marley's Easy Skanking, Digible Planets Jettin' and Erykah Badu's Rimshot in my ears, throat and upper chest.
basshead.gif

Dec 7, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #1,791 of 12,086
Just them them delivered. Posting impressions in a couple of hours. Please bear in mind these are fresh out of the box impressions. 

Dec 7, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #1,792 of 12,086
I'm listening to music with TH900 now...  (at home, silent room) Mids aren't that recessed. Vocals are fine if you're not listening to opera or anything. Highs are a bit harsh though. But the bass, oh my god... It hits gloriously. Subwoofer on your ears. I wish TH-X00 still had somewhat recessed mids with more polite treble but the same amount/extension of bass. I guess that level of bass is not possible without TH900's driver though.

Dec 7, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #1,793 of 12,086
  Not sure why you guys feel the need to bash @DecentLevi.  It's like he personally attacked you and kicked your dog.  Now, I will say that his review was a bit thin since it was a pre-production unit and he only listened to it for a couple minutes, but honestly, if I put a pair of headphones on and absolutely hated the sound, I wouldn't sit there listening to them for an hour.

It's refreshing to hear from someone that hasn't drank the Kool-aid, even if it's not a popular opinion.

Well, it's not simply that he said these are headphones he doesn't like, it's that he kinda insinuated that the people who gave early reviews were paid off or something.  That kinda goes beyond simply giving your impressions.  And his original post was pretty useless too, just saying they're bad headphones but he didn't want to elaborate because who the heck knows, the headphone illuminati would track him down or something.

Dec 7, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #1,794 of 12,086
Great to see people receiving theirs. Hope more impressions come in soon. Mine have been "En route to DHL eCommerce Distribution Center" for the last 3 days, so.

Dec 7, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #1,795 of 12,086
Great to see people receiving theirs. Hope more impressions come in soon. Mine have been "En route to DHL eCommerce Distribution Center" for the last 3 days, so.

Same here to Canada. REALLY hoping means that they are En route to the DHL centre here in Calgary and not another centre in the US

Dec 7, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #1,797 of 12,086

Same here to Canada. REALLY hoping means that they are En route to the DHL centre here in Calgary and not another centre in the US

I highly doubt it. Probably means they are heading to the boarder. Once they pass customs they will tell you how much the ransom will be to get them....

Dec 7, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #1,798 of 12,086
I find that this DHL global mail thing a joke as my friends are getting them in China which is at least 15 hours plane from the east coast, while no updates at all for the ones shipping to Canada.

Waiting "patiently" 
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 7, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #1,799 of 12,086
  I find that this DHL global mail thing a joke as my friends are getting them in China which is at least 15 hours plane from the east coast, while no updates at all for the ones shipping to Canada.

Waiting "patiently" 
tongue_smile.gif

I still don't understand the China already getting them thing.  Are they originating from China or NJ for those orders?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back