Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Dec 6, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #1,591 of 12,086
It seems mine will be delivered to my doorway tomorrow, I live in Beijing... that's too soon for my expectation. Haven't cleared my house for it yet, I'm still cheating on it with a pair of Denon cans...

Dec 6, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #1,592 of 12,086
My tracking still says the following:
Dec 4, 2015
11:54PM GMT
En route to DHL eCommerce Distribution Center
11:28PM GMT
Electronic Notification Received: Your order has been processed and tracking will be updated soon

Does this mean it is still in the MD warehouse?

Dec 6, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #1,593 of 12,086
Got all my damping and tuning mats, tools, and measuring gear ready, just waiting for the X00s. Let's do this! :L3000:

Dec 6, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #1,594 of 12,086
What's odd that this headphone got rave reviews for the people who had the early review units. But the couple of people who got their production units yesterday don't seem to be raving about anything. Either the hype was to high and the headphones aren't meeting expectations or there was a small amount of bias when writing the reviews from the reviewers.

I guess I'll make my own judgment in a few days when I receive mine and I'll compare them to my th-900's.

Dec 6, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #1,597 of 12,086
What's odd that this headphone got rave reviews for the people who had the early review units. But the couple of people who got their production units yesterday don't seem to be raving about anything. Either the hype was to high and the headphones aren't meeting expectations or there was a small amount of bias when writing the reviews from the reviewers.

I conclude nothing from that.  There will be different opinions on this headphone, as there are in 100% of all headphones discussed on Head-Fi.  It's pretty extraordinary already that this headphone has so much positive reaction.  Some people have cancelled their orders, because they thought there was an opinion of a rumor of a perception of maybe some anonymous person they don't know who thought it might not be better than complete Platonic perfection.  Don't put too much stock in reports of opinions of reports.

Dec 6, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #1,598 of 12,086
The recent user reviews are comparing them to top tier open-back headphones. The comparisons don't make much sense to me. As long as these punch above the shure 1540 & oppo pm3 - both headphones that I absolutely loved - I'm straight.

Dec 6, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #1,599 of 12,086
The recent user reviews are comparing them to top tier open-back headphones. The comparisons don't make much sense to me. As long as these punch above the shure 1540 & oppo pm3 - both headphones that I absolutely loved - I'm straight.

Was thinking the same. Also, pre-burn in comparison views.

Dec 6, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #1,600 of 12,086

I guess I'll make my own judgment in a few days when I receive mine and I'll compare them to my th-900's.

Hey dude, how is that sound blaster x7? Was looking to buy it for use with the THX00. I just want to connect my iPhone/iPad through the usb host port and listen accordingly.

Dec 6, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #1,601 of 12,086
My tracking still says the following:
Dec 4, 2015
11:54PM GMT
En route to DHL eCommerce Distribution Center
11:28PM GMT
Electronic Notification Received: Your order has been processed and tracking will be updated soon

Does this mean it is still in the MD warehouse?

I am wondering about the same thing because my tracking says the same. Are you a foreigner as well?

Dec 6, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #1,602 of 12,086
Dec 6, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #1,603 of 12,086
Who are you guys talking about? The guy that got his unit recently said "these headphones kick ass. They have denon bass. They're fun as hell."

What more do you want? To burn their collection and do a voodoo dance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back