Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Dec 6, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #1,561 of 12,086
It's crazy some of you guys are getting yours on a weekend. Hopefully everyone gets theirs on time and without hassle but it is the holidays.

There always seems to be that one package though..
Yi8E3.gif

Dec 6, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #1,563 of 12,086
Looks like most people are getting them earlier. Mine was projected for this Thursday, but since it shipped a day later, it's due to come in on Friday, when I get back home for the end of semester. Really looking forward to that and a new laptop plus 
beerchug.gif

Dec 6, 2015 at 1:14 AM Post #1,564 of 12,086
Hmmmm...you guys have gotten me nervous. I can see in PAYPAL I paid on the 27 of November through my PAYPAL account. It was taken out on the 30th of November. I have no email saying anything to me about anything and I live in NJ.

Dec 6, 2015 at 1:41 AM Post #1,565 of 12,086

Received my pair earlier today so I'll give some short impressions.

They are very fun sounding headphones. Not as detailed or transparent as my HD800 (go figure), or my LCD-3, but I do prefer the bass impact and presence on the TH-X00 over both. It doesnt have more bass, but it seems more pronounced. To me, that's worth the small hit on the resolution. Now I sort of want to try out a pair of TH-900 to compare. 

Earcups work fine for me, though I have to angle it a specific way to get my ears completely surrounded. Not a big deal.

They are pretty comfortable, but not as much as HD800 or T1s in my opinion. That could change with use over time.

I don't know if I would have bought it at 2x the price, but I would not have been surprised they were. I think $400 is a great price, but unfortunately haven't heard too many in that price range to compare. Its good enough that I wouldn't prefer my hd800/lcd3 100% of the time. A good complement. 

Dec 6, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #1,567 of 12,086

Received my pair earlier today so I'll give some short impressions.

They are very fun sounding headphones. Not as detailed or transparent as my HD800 (go figure), or my LCD-3, but I do prefer the bass impact and presence on the TH-X00 over both. It doesnt have more bass, but it seems more pronounced. To me, that's worth the small hit on the resolution. Now I sort of want to try out a pair of TH-900 to compare. 

Earcups work fine for me, though I have to angle it a specific way to get my ears completely surrounded. Not a big deal.

They are pretty comfortable, but not as much as HD800 or T1s in my opinion. That could change with use over time.

I don't know if I would have bought it at 2x the price, but I would not have been surprised they were. I think $400 is a great price, but unfortunately haven't heard too many in that price range to compare. Its good enough that I wouldn't prefer my hd800/lcd3 100% of the time. A good complement. 

I don`t know, the more impressions I read they sound more and more like the X2`s which I already have.

Dec 6, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #1,568 of 12,086
I do not know, but might the cable on this unit be considered "balanced"? I would like to consider reterminating it with balanced 4-pin XLR connectors so that I can use it on my Cavalli LC and Audiogd NFB1amps.  Kindly chime in if you know anything about this issue, either way.

Dec 6, 2015 at 2:47 AM Post #1,569 of 12,086
Honestly, I would just recable the thing. I've got an NFB10ES2 my self an I've enjoyed Petertek's cables in the past. He's always done excellent work, an I'm in the same boat as you are.

I've got an NFb10ES2 I use ^^ 

Dec 6, 2015 at 2:57 AM Post #1,570 of 12,086
I'm surprised by the stories about UPS.  I've never had a bad experience with them.. One time though a DHL guy came to deliver something and he went to my next door neighbor's house but my mom flagged him down and he almost delivered it to the wrong place. I want to slap these people sometimes
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 6, 2015 at 3:08 AM Post #1,571 of 12,086
I have just ordered female(chasis)mrspeaker connections to convert these cans for use with my Norne Vanquish cable. Hopefully the female connectors arent too large a diameter for the magnesium frame on these. Looking forward to comparing with their distant relative the Alpha dog.

Dec 6, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #1,572 of 12,086

At least hes delivering, in my place UPS and Canada Post mailmen are like Ninjas, I would sit beside the door all day long, and then find out that I get a yellow "pick-up" ticket on my door with an address that is super far away.

+1 for "Ninja" delivery antics lol                                      

Now how about the "ninja" Santa who enjoys pilfering delivery packages?

Okay, no more "off-topic" jokes.  I would really like to have my unit in hand though... lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back