1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Nov 24, 2015.
First

Back
768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777
  1. HeadphoneFrozoneCalzone
    yeah im most likely getting the yaxi pads for the hd58x. thanks for that advice. did you put L+R foam under the grille instead of the pads? I mean to say if you didn't have the zebra cups would you do that? I would get the zebra cups but their cost is basically the same as getting nighthawks (~$200).

I was looking at the visos but they seem to have a irritating angle with the headband and earpads which requires using a dremel and literally breaking a component to increase the angle of rotation of the pads/headbands.

2. VRacer-111
    Yes, that's how I had them before wanted to try the closed-back wood cups. Foam is thicker & denser than stock foam, didn't like it under the earpads - definitely keep stock foam under the earpads. The Yaxi Alcantara pads with Yaxi foam in the grilles will make sound darker, fuller, and a little more expansive. Needs some EQ, but really liked them EQd with the Yaxi pads & foam. Also looks cool...

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-Znv3dVH/0/60a16389/O/i-Znv3dVH.jpg

And size comparison of opening between stock and Yaxi pads...

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-7gJRdfD/0/11789102/O/i-7gJRdfD.jpg

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  3. HeadphoneFrozoneCalzone
    did you keep the stock foam under the grilles and layer the yaxi foam or remove the under grille foam and replace it with yaxi?

4. VRacer-111
    Just replaced stock foam with the Yaxi foam, didn't try adding Yaxi to stock. Now you got me curious... LOL

5. Willis
    Currently I own a Mrspeaker Mad Dog headphone which I normally used for EDM music and I need advice on whether should I get a Massdrop TRX00? The Mad Dog is a very good headphone too so not too sure whether they would be offering similar style. Thank you in advance.

6. cjc
    Mahogany at $320 from Drop. Is this a good deal?

7. bagwell359
    I bought it and sold it. Depends what u want. That's a good deal if u like them.

8. cjc
    I decided to buy the Massdrop X Meze 99 Noir instead of the Fostex.

First

Back
768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777