1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Nov 24, 2015.
First

Back
754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763
765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774
Next

Last
  1. Vipu
    Got Ori and Pilot pads today.
    Ori pads are amazing, pilot pad is too thick for me, there is not enough room to adjust so it fits well...
    Will the pilot pad get flatter fast so it might fit or do I have to sell it and maybe find some other headband?

Also I never saw any comparisons between stock and Ori pads here is few.

[​IMG]

Comparisons with pads:

jsmiller58 and axsnyder like this.
  2. jsmiller58
    Cool! Post your impressions of the sound signature changes and what mods, if any, you do to make it to your liking.

3. GenEricOne
    My Pilot Pad never really compressed. I could definitely do with another click of extension from my TH-X00's with the pad, but oh well, still makes it really comfortable for longer use.

4. Vipu
    I wonder if this DT990 headband would fit better, it doesnt seem as thick but just enough padding so it doesnt start to hurt after hours of usage.

https://imgur.com/a/UsBjw

5. HungryPanda
    I use the Beyer pad on my Grado headphones

6. SilverEars
    I want big pads also. The stock pads don't fit (or seal) well. I want to see Rtings measurements of variations of different people wearing them including glasses. Next, I want to see comparatively with a pad that seals well, and see the variations of different people wearing them as well.

I really want to see this for Ebony. Interestingly, despite the fit, I really don't have much complaints about the Ebony sound still.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  7. Vipu
    Good luck.

koover likes this.
  8. Pahani
    Damn you must have a big melon! :p LOL j/k

Nah, my Pilot Pad hasn't really compressed that I know of...and I think mine is close to 2 years old now.

*edit* I've had to bend my X00 headband in kind of an inverted V-shape to try to *increase* clamp on my ears.....it's possible that gave me some extra range of adjustment for the Pilot Pad? *shrug*

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  9. katulu
    SO glad you mention this. I don't understand how people can even stand this pad. I tried them once on my TH900's, never again. As you say, light but stiff, and destroys the awesome deep bass.

Oddly enough, no comparison to stock TH600/900 protein pads? In my experience (Lawton, Alpha, Brainwavz, and custom pads) the larger INNER diameter and shorter height of the stock pads are part of what gives the THs their bass flavor. What would they do to the TH-X00? I'm curious.

Full disclosure I heard the X00's a couple times but only own one modded, and one stock, TH900, lol.

10. HesterDW
    How close is it to fitting? I have both, and the difference is like 5mm.

11. Vipu
    Oh, really? is that DT990 pad that thick?

12. HesterDW
    Yep they're pretty close, and about the same stiffness.

[​IMG]

13. Vipu
    Thanks for the pic, guess I just have to find some random fabric thing and put it around the current band to get some bit extra softness.

14. dakanao
    How does the Fostex sound with the bass in this track?

15. HesterDW
    Shortened my cable to 5'. Elongated my sanity. :ksc75smile:
    [​IMG]

Not sure if it's been said, but for wiring the jack Blue is left (tip) and Pink is right (ring). The 2 Brown wires not shown are Ground (sleeve).
    [​IMG]

Pretty sure my ebonies are hitting all the bass notes in the song, if that's what you're asking (using my SVS PB12 as reference). Anything else I can say will be very subjective though.

First

Back
754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763
765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774
Next

Last