1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Nov 24, 2015.
First

Back
572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581
583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592
Next

Last
  1. AT Khan

Haha I ain't creating any false pretense here. I wouldn't even bring it up. I just imagined it. But now it's actually happened. Thing is, I like their cables and everything, but it's simply overkill really (though I will use it in a detachable setting with plugs), it being a fixed connection, and the way it's been done, rather than they tie a knot at the end of the whole, which is the normal practice, and they can't cuz of the space limitation, I don't think it really is a good idea to tie it around the baffle and let that take all the pressure. I was actually surprised when I opened it up and saw that. Though it can take some pressure, I can imagine something going too wrong if it's pulled too hard. The damage that can be done is much more serious than what would happen to some other cans with fixed cables, and one has to be really careful with these cans with the stock cable setting.

2. fjrabon

I've seen this design for 15 years at this point and nobody has ever broken the baffle by pulling on the cable, that I've ever seen.  Can you find a single instance of this happening, ever?  

I have no idea what you mean by "but now it's actually happned."

3. AT Khan

Hmm... well then maybe u've had more experience with this than myself and I may be worrying unnecessarily. ok, no worries then mate. no worries.

4. deafdoorknob
    thanks Tyll!

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/survey-foster-443742-variants-measurements#YZ2Cs3R4hmwFMDwt.97

luvmusik likes this.
  5. PopZeus

I'm really curious to read what he thinks of the X00s.

luvmusik likes this.
  6. luvmusik
    [​IMG]
    Tyll rocks for doing this !

Intrigued with #448498 Biodyna/Zelkova wood for sometime now, wish could get my hands on a set; Foster oem appeared at a recent meet couple months ago.

Only models in the related series not included in the run-off so far are EMU Ebony, Massdrop/Fostex TH-X00 Ebony & Purpleheart, Fostex TH600 and Denon ADH-D7000, but he did these last 2 models previously, or posted measurements.

If I had any of the above 6 models, I would send them to him to add for his evaluation. Have EMU-Rosewood and Massdrop/Fostex TH-X00 Mahogany only.

Eager for this weekend to read his listening impressions of the bunch included so far !
    [​IMG]

7. WilliamLeonhart
  8. Spork67
    Given it was a collaboration between MD and Fostex, and MD are not satisfied with Fostex QC, and have paid their customers for the inconvenience I'd say the collaboration, and therefore the production, are over.
    Not sure who owns the copyrights etc, buy would think it is part owned by both companies, so unless Fostex buy MDs share this HP is unlikely to be available again

So glad I got mine. :)

9. jeffri

You are taking it too far... haha... Fostex is still trying to correct the problem and there is no news of Ebony halting, so that should still be in progress.

10. luvmusik

and...forgot to mention the brand new woody Denon AH-7200 too, related to this series. Believe they are Walnut cups. It takes total up to 7 additional series-related biocellulose woody types to list.

11. Gavin C4
    When will inner update on his thoughts of the entire lineup? Really interested in what he thinks and whether the X00 variations holdup the expectations of the successor the D5000 D7000 

12. myc
     #448498 Biodyna/Zelkova wood --> is this already in market ...? what brand

13. luvmusik
    ...also hope Tyll relates his findings to the Denon ADH-D7000 in this weekend's evaluation he is conducting. The model was reviewed before & has posted measurements then & again now. It ups the related family to 8 more types not yet included in the run-off differentiating nuances for woody Biodynas (biocellulose) !

EDIT : oops, mentioned 7000 model twice by accident; there are so many variants...so 7 other models have not yet been included into Ty's comparative evaluation, but folks are willing to send some of these types in for him to include !

First

Back
572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581
583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592
Next

Last