1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Nov 24, 2015.
First

Back
564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573
575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584
Next

Last
  1. mole
    I've seen a few people bash the stock 6,3mm to 3,5mm adapter you get with the headset. Is it really that bad? Does it even matter or are they being silly?

2. AviP
    The problem is that all the weight from the cable and Jack will be supported by that little 3.5mm plug as opposed to using one that has a short cable between them (like the Hosa MHE-100) which reduces the chances of breaking the plug inside a jack by a lot.

3. HungryPanda
    I use the adapter that came with my HD650's, or any other one from amazon or ebay

4. notfitforpublic

No silliness involved, its pretty awful. The Senn or Grado adapter is a must IMO for the reasons AviP stated.

5. ProfFalkin
    The way it was put to me was: Imagine a headphone jack that weighed half as much as your phone, measuring half as long, sticking out of that tiny hole in your $700 iPhone. One little nudge and *snap*...

6. betula
    Depends on your music preference. 

For my music X00s are the perfect choice (up to this price). I am not a big gamer, but do play through a game every once in a while. For that X00s are surprisingly good. Not as good as my X2s or HE400s were, but I do not care much about that. 95% I need my (only) headphones for music. (Which involves a lot of detailed bass stuff.) :)

7. KewlMunky

I know a few users also mentioned it doesn't properly fit into a 3.5mm jack, either. I've also experienced this issue with my Fiio X5 Gen 1. I don't feel any click/snap when inserting it and it can easily wiggle out. My IEM's and any other cable I use on my Fiio fit fine, though.

8. HungryPanda
    I don't stick my Purpleheart X00's into anything but my headphone amps, no 3.5mm needed. Absolutely love them, great sound, easy to drive and punch way above their cost.

9. PopZeus
    Yeah, I'd never use the 3.5mm adapter that came with the TH-X00s. I like my equipment too much to stress it out like that. Also, I only use the TH-X00s with my home rig. Sennheiser makes a proper adapter, as does Hosa (no idea on the quality though.)

10. MWSVette

I use the Sennheiser and am quite pleased.  The one from Massdrop is crap...

11. Pahani
    My Purplehearts came with....wait for it...a 3.5mm to 6.3mm adapter! Yep, the opposite one. Not that it mattered, but I laughed a little :p

And yes, as people mentioned, you should purchase a proper adapter with a short cable inbetween.

12. TWerk
    Grado makes a nice one too. I should know, I have three of them.

13. HiFiChris Contributor
    As others have already mentioned, the included adapter is more or less rubbish as it puts unnecessary stress on the headphone socket if used.

Adapters like the one pictured below (it's from the manufacturer "Cordial", very sturdy, flexible, has got great strain relief, is made of metal and I'm using it without any problems for some ears) or the one from Audeze/Grado (which appears to be the same) are much better and do not unnecessarily stress 3.5 mm sockets.

P1030494.jpg

14. Pahani
    I ended up buying a Cardas adapter, myself. Yes, it's a bit expensive (IMO) because of the name. But it has good strain reliefs, and as a bonus the 3.5mm end is right-angle; should put even less strain on the jacks of phones or DAPs.

15. FaezFarhan
    Luckily for me that adapter was stated at half the overall price by the customs. Saved me some money so I'll cherish it forever even though I'm never gonna use it :D

First

Back
564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573
575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584
Next

Last