1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Nov 24, 2015.
First

Back
554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563
565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574
Next

Last
  1. Eudis

The elise also has an ouput impedence of 100ohm, does it not?

2. Spork67
    1. Input Impedance: 100 kOhm

Not sure about output impedance.

3. WilliamLeonhart
    The THX00's sensitivity is actually quite low, so while it's easy to drive, it's not THAT easy to drive. A lot of people forgets that sensitivity plays an important role in choosing an amp. You can't have an amp that can drive anything every headphones well. It's just not physically possible.
    So yep the m9xx is good in the sense that it's a good dac (bought it for the dac section actually) and it has an amp for IEMs and Grados, Sony, ATHs etc

4. Zbell
    If I'm trying to play around with some different pads, does anyone know of where to find the correct pad mounting plate for this model? 

5. VRacer-111
    All I know is that new laptop + Audioquest Dragonfly Red + Meier Audio JAZZ-ff + TH-X00 Purplehearts is an awesome combo....

[​IMG]

6. innaterebel
  7. PopZeus
    Woah, should I really be running the TH-X00 off a tube amp? *mind explosions*  Any reasonably-priced suggestions for pairing?

8. TsKen
    Is it hard to replace the ear-pads on these headphones?

Ordered the Alpha Pads and was wondering if the pads on these headphones are easy to replace.

9. vcmusik

I can vouch personally for the Vali 2. Oddly enough, even though it's only 25 ohms, it sounds even better on the high-gain setting, at least to my ears. 

10. WilliamLeonhart
    But the Vali2 is not a true tube amp. It's hybrid and thus should cause no humming with low imp cans.

Btw my Little Dot I+ which is a hybrid also drives the THX00 beautifully. You can find my thoughts in the review embedded within my signature.

11. AviP
    High-gain?
    I use the TH-X00 with my Vali 2 on low-gain and I barely get it past the channel imbalance before it's too loud (the imbalance ends at about 7:30 and I usually don't listen past 9:00, sometimes I'll push it to 10:00 but that's it, 12:00 is my absolute max). I just tried it on high-gain and 9:00 on low-gain is the same as ~7:45 on High-gain, literally just past the imbalance. It's annoying not having enough room to play with the POT.
    This could be because I'm feeding it from my ModiMB which outputs 2v as opposed to the Modi2/Modi2U which output 1.5v, so I get less room to play with the POT...

@vcmusik, what DAC are you using with the Vali 2? What is your POT at when you listen?

The difference that you hear might have to do with the output impedance, in low-gain the Vali 2 has an output impedance of 1.2 Ohms, but in high-gain it jumps up to 5.8 Ohms. With 25 Ohm headphones that's a big difference (and out of spec for the 1/8th rule if you follow it).

12. vcmusik
    Hmm, interesting. I am indeed using a Modi2U, and on my pot I can turn it to about 5 o'clock at most on high-gain before it's too loud for me. I'm not sure if it's different but the hole on my volume knob points to 1 o'clock at zero volume. I suspect you might be right about the output impedance. 

13. AviP
    That's strange, mine points to 7:00 at zero volume.

14. PopZeus
     Does anyone think the MKII would pair nicely with the TH-X00or is that too much power? I kinda wouldn't mind having the pass thru.

15. Pahani
    Replacing pads on X00 is VERY easy!

It took me a total of about 5 minutes....including looking up the instructions at Lawton Audio!

http://lawtonaudio.com/anglepadinstructions.html

(I went with ZMF Comfort Strap and ZMF Omni Lambskin pads)

First

Back
554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563
565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574
Next

Last