1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Nov 24, 2015.
First

Back
550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559
561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570
Next

Last
  1. thefitz
    My experience with the PH is making me excited for the EB, in a good way.

2. jamor
    I wish I could add the other flavors to my collection but I'd rather buy a GTX 1070 XD

3. Pahani
    It depends. If it's just the right time for you for a video card update, go for it! The reviews I've seen for the new crop of video cards look pretty spectacular, you pretty much can't make a wrong choice.

That beng said, an investment in headphones will hold their value much, MUCH better over time. A 2-year old video card is nearly worthless in today's market.

I'm running SLI EVGA GTX 780 SC 6GB (yes, 6GB PER CARD, a pretty rare edition). Because I have 2, my tab in 2014 came to about $1100. Plus backplates, plus extended warranty, etc. Were I to try to sell the pair of them today, well....it wouldn't be pretty :/

If you need to sell a pair of desirable headphones 2 years down the road, you'll likely recover a much more significant part of your initial investment.

As good as the current crop of video cards appear, I'm still waiting. The amount of money I'll lose just isn't worth it to me for only 2 years of use :/ Therefore, my personal upgrade target will be the 1180Ti :) And just a single card this time, I'm done with SLI after this LOL.

4. Tenzo
    The ear fatigue I get from these is insane. Can't even go 15 minutes before its unbearable. May have to let them go [​IMG]

5. Pankaic
    Have you tried EQing down the highs, if they're too shrill for you?

6. TWerk

This is surprising to hear after everyone is saying the highs are smoothed out on the PH.

Are the highs more fatiguing than your DT770? Those are pretty bright headphones.

7. Zbell
    I know it's not your typical Purpleheart recommendation song, but listen to "Heart of Gold" sung by Johnny Cash, preferably in higher quality than this -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drsMyeXzLSo.  The lower register his voice combined with the old recording hits me right in the upper nasal.  Whole different experience than the same song on any other headphone I own.  

8. Tenzo

Nope. DT770s never bothered me one bit. Been a while since I've used them but don't recall any fatigue with them.

9. The Third
    Now that is a bit odd. Maybe the mids are too upfront for you?

10. DavidA
    @Tenzo, you may just be sensitive to a very narrow frequency that is bothering you, I had an issue with the HD-600 with its peak in the 4-5khz range that bothered me but brighter headphones like the HD-700 and DT-990 never bothered me since their peaks are higher up and don't bother me at all.

11. KewlMunky
    Listened to Enter Sandman by Metallica and wow. I could feel them shake on my head. I really haven't had a chance to out much time on them yet. Have single digit hours on them, but I'm really loving them.

12. WayTooCrazy
    Gregory Porter... has the voice that makes the PH SING!

13. WilliamLeonhart
    Can someone give me a very brief comparison between the Denon D7000, Fostex TH600 and THX00? Are they drastically different? I understand that the TH900 is brighter and more energetic than the THX00, but for the others I have no idea. 
    Also, can it be said that the THX00 or the TH600 is directly descended from the D7000?

14. eobet
    I haven't listened to the D7000, but I've listened to both the D2000 and the TH-900. The D2000 was one of the worst pieces of **** I've ever listened to, while the TH-900 was one of the best. So I'm really anxious to see hear where the X00 place in between that spectrum...

15. Billheiser
    @ The Third, post #3587

The Third likes this.
First

Back
550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559
561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570
Next

Last