1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Nov 24, 2015.
First

Back
541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550
552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561
Next

Last
  1. The Third
    Great advice. I also have bubble wrap markings on mine but I absolutely couldn't care less. The coating is prone to scratches anyways. The sound is sublime, I won't wait another couple of months due to some coating markings :wink:

tradyblix likes this.
  2. WayTooCrazy

I asked them how they intend to handle it. My thought would be the credit to another item in their store with directions for us to fix ourselves would be easiest/best. If I do keep, I intend to get a super soft buffing wheel for my Dremel and some soft (non-abrasive) polish for wood and see if I can simply buff out the marks.

3. sikki-six
    It'll be interesting to hear how the PHs compare to my D2000s. Do they actually have the same drivers? Is it all about them woods?

My PH-pair has finally arrived to my country (Finland), should be here next week - unless DHL does something crazy.

4. Thunder240

Yes! And drums too. I love how realistic drums and cymbals sound.

5. inertianinja

That would be a pretty good outcome. Definitely better than rushing to send the PH back and having to wait months for a replacement.
    Also we don't really know if the bubble marks might work their way out on their own over time.

I have the bubble markings on one of my cups. I'm a little disappointed by it, and yes for $450 we shouldn't have to deal with it....but at the end of the day it's very likely that I won't care enough to go through all the ******** of demanding a return, sending it in, waiting for a return, etc....all for a few marks that I can barely see.

6. Whitigir
    Remind me again, without mass drop, who would sell Fostex for $450 ?

7. Zbell
    Emu?  

8. jamor

emu_face001.jpg

betula likes this.
  9. Whitigir
    Isn't E-mu also collaborative with maassdrop ?

10. Drizz1e
    As far as I know E-MU is just a branch of Creative. Massdrop had nothing to do with the creation of the Teaks. Also, people have been able to get the Teaks for the Massdrop price by emailing Chan directly.

11. Pankaic
    Got my pair finally! Thankfully, no bubble wrap marks, but I've got some light scratching on the cups... Unfortunate, but hey, I'll take it. Now time to give them a listen [​IMG]

12. Pankaic
    Serial #00646, btw. No issues with fitting my ears in the pads :)
    Looots of mid-bass. Waiting for some burn in for the sub to really start kicking in, but man, these are thumpin!

13. chry5alis
  14. globiboulga
    #01228 here and no cosmetic issues to report - I couldn't care less anyway - so probably early batch? Only starting to listening now and I absolutely love those. Coming from a Bitfrost and Sony PHA-2 as amp (waiting for the Lyr2 to come)... They sound somehow better than my D5000. Tighter, more present low end. Early judgment though. I'm going to have fun with these :wink:

15. VRacer-111

I posted my thoughts earlier, but they are better than the D2000's in EVERY way imaginable right out the box... the Purplehearts are a nice upgrade from a D2000, my modded D2000's will be going to a co-worker once I get them put back together.

I don't think the drivers are exactly the same.

First

Back
541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550
552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561
Next

Last