Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Jul 30, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #7,757 of 12,086
Ok so besides the TH600/TH900, do the TH-X00 Purpleheart's have the most sub-bass of any closed dynamic headphone?

I doubt it will have more than the Ultrasone Edition 5. In a good way that is...

Jul 30, 2016 at 7:33 AM Post #7,758 of 12,086
I doubt it will have more than the Ultrasone Edition 5. In a good way that is...

Hot dang those are another set of expensive headphones. Ok so besides that point, has anyone in this forum heard both the Soundmagic HP100/HP150 and the TH-X00 before? Decentlevi how can I summon you? I checked your inventory you have listened to both :3

Jul 30, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #7,759 of 12,086
@The Third If you're looking for Bass heavy headphones, I'd think a modded (internal dampening in cups and thicker wiring) DT770 might work. I modded one I had a long time ago and then had to sell them because they had too much bass. I also had the Sony Pulse Elite Wireless headset that used a Bass vibration mechanism (like SkullCandy) and made the headphones seem to go deeper into the bass region than all my other headphones (except the DT770, which was clean bass). I've tried the Sony XB300 & XB500 and didn't like them at all.  Though, the Philips SPH9500 with an EQ and amped can get bassy too. I posted a video in the Audeze EL8 thread that demonstrates how bassy that headphone can get.

Jul 30, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #7,760 of 12,086
I agree that the DT770 has some great sub-bass. It effortlessly goes very deep. The quantity to me isn't a ton, but the bass is still very nice.

Mine is stock though. The thing with the DT770 is that is also is fairly bright, so if you don't like highs, it's probably not for you.

Jul 30, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #7,761 of 12,086
  I agree that the DT770 has some great sub-bass. It effortlessly goes very deep. The quantity to me isn't a ton, but the bass is still very nice.

Mine is stock though. The thing with the DT770 is that is also is fairly bright, so if you don't like highs, it's probably not for you.

I never noticed the brightness. Then again, I didn't have them that long.

Jul 30, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #7,765 of 12,086
I never noticed the brightness. Then again, I didn't have them that long.
I have both the DT770 600ohm premium and DT770 32ohm pro. I always found the DT770 32ohm producing sub bass like one experiences it at a theater; Just excellent staging. The 600ohm had the same quantity but missed that deep rumble. Both bright headphones with the 32 being the most balanced. Never saw them as the bass monsters people taut them to be without EQ or amped bass boost. Quantity remained respectfull.

Now I am not searching for a headphone that can physically vibrate on the ears because I could very well pull that off with the HP150/HTF600 alongside a fiio e11.

I am searching for that same deep rumble the DT770 32ohm gave me but then having a more resolving sound.

I read that the soundstage of the X00's are intimate. Should I sell my PH shipment, and order the ebony when taking deep sub bass rumble in account? A more resolving DT 770 32ohm would be great.

Jul 30, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #7,767 of 12,086
I actually think that is a really good description of the DT770 bass - very much like movie theatre bass. I love that low, low end rumble.

I also have the 32 ohm. For the price, it is simply superb and runs perfect without an amp.

A just bought some velour pads for them since the pleathers can get a little warm over time. I hope the sound doesn't change too much.

Jul 30, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #7,768 of 12,086
I have both the DT770 600ohm premium and DT770 32ohm pro. I always found the DT770 32ohm producing sub bass like one experiences it at a theater; Just excellent staging. The 600ohm had the same quantity but missed that deep rumble. Both bright headphones with the 32 being the most balanced. Never saw them as the bass monsters people taut them to be without EQ or amped bass boost. Quantity remained respectfull.

Now I am not searching for a headphone that can physically vibrate on the ears because I could very well pull that off with the HP150/HTF600 alongside a fiio e11.

I am searching for that same deep rumble the DT770 32ohm gave me but then having a more resolving sound.

I read that the soundstage of the X00's are intimate. Should I sell my PH shipment, and order the ebony when taking deep sub bass rumble in account? A more resolving DT 770 32ohm would be great.

If you want something that literally vibrates, check out the taction cannon that's coming out. They have what they call a taction driver that interprets bass frequencies and simulates the vibration feeling of a large speaker producing low bass.

Jul 30, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #7,769 of 12,086
If you want something that literally vibrates, check out the taction cannon that's coming out. They have what they call a taction driver that interprets bass frequencies and simulates the vibration feeling of a large speaker producing low bass.

The SkullCandy Crusher does that, but not as well as the Sony Pulse Elite. Then again, they're a bit gimmicky. I think for headphone enthusiasts, get a nice headphone that goes low (but accurate) and then get the  http://subpac.com/subpac-s2/Subpac S2 or a Buttkicker. Then all your headphones will have that deep rumble that you can feel.
biggrin.gif

Jul 30, 2016 at 10:48 PM Post #7,770 of 12,086
Yamaha Pro500 too. Tho absurdly huge in size and almost beats like in its lack of treble. ... but man does it rumble when you turn it up.

Ya, shakers! Had a pair in my Jeep. One octave of nearly inaudible but completely visceral low low bass... I have extras. I've been meaning to wire up my listening chair. Have to stop procrastinating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back