Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Jan 28, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #4,396 of 12,086

Imo you can always sell it for 20-30% more. So it is good as an investment also. 50 places left. Delivery in May.

Really?  I'm sure this community is going to appreciate you trying to sell them higher than what they cost. BTW if anyone tries that here, they get a good talking to and possible band so good luck with that.

Jan 28, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #4,399 of 12,086

Really?  I'm sure this community is going to appreciate you trying to sell them higher than what they cost. BTW if anyone tries that here, they get a good talking to and possible band so good luck with that.

Chillex mate, I am not talking about head-fi community, but the world. A pair of TH-X00 has just been sold for £460 from the first batch on eBay UK. People WANT these hps. And Massdrop price is way lower than their value on global market. Live with it. Noone is forced to buy them at £500, but they will. As these are rarity.

EDIT: Although, my first intention is to keep them. I will put them on sale only if I prefer my X2s over them. But I have to try that first.

Jan 28, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #4,400 of 12,086
Chillex mate, I am not talking about head-fi community, but the world. A pair of TH-X00 has just been sold for £460 from the first batch on eBay UK. People WANT these hps. And Massdrop price is way lower than their value on global market. Live with it. Noone is forced to buy them at £500, but they will. As these are rarity.

EDIT: Although, my first intention is to keep them. I will put them on sale only if I prefer my X2s over them. But I have to try that first.

The community is the world wide headphone loving community. It's just poor behaviour in our worldwide community to take advantage of a limited run like that. Not cool.

Jan 28, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #4,401 of 12,086
The community is the world wide headphone loving community. It's just poor behaviour in our worldwide community to take advantage of a limited run like that. Not cool.

My intention is to keep the TH-X00, mate. Only in an unlikely "B" scenario I am gonna put them on sale. That's how things work. Noone gets harm, no worries.

Jan 28, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #4,403 of 12,086
  While I personally think its bad form to take advantage of a market starved by supply, I won't judge people who take advantage of that. If someone wants to buy it at a higher price, why not?

Yeah mate, but I am saying again, I joined the second drop cause I want to try these headphones. I am loving my X2s, and I am hoping Fostex maybe could give me even more joy (giving that awesome bass), even though being (semi) closed. God gives me the freedom to sell them, if they do not meet my needs. No man can judge me. (Only other headfiers appareantly) :)

Jan 28, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #4,404 of 12,086

Yeah mate, but I am saying again, I joined the second drop cause I want to try these headphones. I am loving my X2s, and I am hoping Fostex maybe could give me even more joy (giving that awesome bass), even though being (semi) closed. God gives me the freedom to sell them, if they do not meet my needs. No man can judge me. (Only other headfiers appareantly) :)

Like I said, I am not judging you at all here. Personally, I would pass on the original low value, but I can totally understand if someone wants to buy/sell them at a higher price. Selling something at a price point others are willing to pay is just simple economics. 

Jan 28, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #4,405 of 12,086

Like I said, I am not judging you at all here. Personally, I would pass on the original low value, but I can totally understand if someone wants to buy/sell them at a higher price. Selling something at a price point others are willing to pay is just simple economics. 

I am gonna check them if they are my liking. Probably they are.
But if they are not, why I shouldn't sell them on global market price?
I am not running a charity. If people pay the price, I am selling the price what people pay. Simple.

Jan 28, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #4,406 of 12,086
Well, I will say this and you can agree to disagree, thats fine
redface.gif
, but doing something like that shows a lot about a persons character and how they handle business if they want to capitalize on someone else ignorance about pricing. I get it. It's business.  again just my personal opinion.  I digress 

Jan 28, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #4,407 of 12,086
redface.gif
, but doing something like that shows a lot about a persons character and how they handle business if they want to capitalize on someone else ignorance about pricing. I get it. It's business.  again just my personal opinion.  I digress 

If they're not to his liking, what's he supposed to do?  Sell them at face value?  At a loss?  Give them away?  Purchasing them just to make a quick buck is one thing, but passing them along for a small profit if you don't like them is quite another.

Jan 28, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #4,408 of 12,086
redface.gif

This is predicated on an assumption that is not necessarily true.  Some people fully know the price but are willing to pay a premium for not having to wait for the next drop.  The buyer has some inherent obligation to educate themselves, if they choose not to do any research and end up overpaying I don't blame the seller.  A seller with a price above what someone is willing to pay will not sell anything.  A fool and his money are soon parted....

Jan 28, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #4,409 of 12,086
There is a difference in being greedy and doing business.   I get what you are saying that people will do anything to get what they want and put themselves in debt for it.  For example when apple devices come out I see truck loads of people buying them up and selling them for 60+% more than what they are worth.  For what?  Just to make a buck?  Even though I'm just 34, maybe my soul is 134 and I'm not up with the times of doing business that way.  Lol again, I'm not saying that any one is wrong.  I just don't do business that way. I personally feel like I'm being greedy JMO

Jan 28, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #4,410 of 12,086
There is a difference in being greedy and doing business.   I get what you are saying that people will do anything to get what they want and put themselves in debt for it.  For example when apple devices come out I see truck loads of people buying them up and selling them for 60+% more than what they are worth.  For what?  Just to make a buck?  Even though I'm just 34, maybe my soul is 134 and I'm not up with the times of doing business that way.  Lol again, I'm not saying that any one is wrong.  I just don't do business that way. I personally feel like I'm being greedy JMO

If they want to sell it at a higher price, let them. It's not like they are hurting anyone.

It's a widely known fact there are good and bad people in this world. There are humans who are greedy, and this is honestly greed on such a small scale that is so minuscule. It's not as if they're trying ro cheat people or deceive others. I honestly couldn't care less about such a small thing like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back