1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Nov 24, 2015.
First

Back
153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162
164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173
Next

Last
  1. Haris Javed

Hi - since you are comparing open and closed - I will add my 2 cents. A lot of people don't know this but the old Hifiman HE-4, He-5, He-6 are beasts when amped properly - and they have bass in spades! and crystal clear sound / enormous sound stage. I think He-4 is probably (for me) most resolving / accurate headphone under 1k$ - I would also go as far as saying that it is open back bass lover headphone​

2. yukihasi
    It's really weird that others in this post are saying their custom service is helpful, so I guess they only want to deal with the low hanging ones. UPS are going to refund THEM for the lost package if they can't locate it. What are they thinking? If I do nothing and they don't get to me, they will receive my payment plus the refund and I just get nothing is that what they want? This company sucks badly. 

3. gortman

I have a pair of Alpha pads still in the box if you're interested.

4. deafanddumb
    In exactly the same boat.....help!!

5. jackharm
    Picked mine up this morning and am liking them so far.

At first I was worried about the earpads but for some reason they work for my somewhat large ears (maybe due to the pads angling?) For sure they are more comfortable then my HE-400's and comparable in comfort to my DT-880 (600).

6. atsq17

Hi, 

If you don't mind me asking, is it this one?
    http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-hm5-spare-earpad-1-pair

or this one? 
    http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-angled-memory-foam-earpad-black-suitable-for-large-over-the-ear-headphones

Thanks!

Anyone else concur with this assessment or have their own preferred pads and reasons for it? 

7. Badfish5446
    I'll post something more detailed this weekend but #24 is starting to really open up.  Need to run these through my various sources before posting full impressions they sound good with the O2 and the FiiO X3ii so far.  Oddly enough I could best sum them up as the bastard love child of the Grado SR325e and the Sennheiser IE800 (yeah I know how that sounds, will explain in more detail later).

8. jackharm
    Powering mine via NFB-15.32 as DAC to a Gustard H10 (swapped with V5 Buson op-amps) and am liking it so far.

Tried using my ODAC (in my O2ODAC) but sound I could hear some sibilance at times.

9. bavinck
    Those of you using branwvz pads do they affect sound? Do they improve isolation? Looking for info on the pleather version. Thanks!

10. wahsmoh
    RakimPIF.jpg

This is the best CD to play with if you want to test the TH-X00 bass. I've been going back and forth nonstop on this CD w/ the Alpha Dogs and TH-X00. The TH-X00 keeps delivering big time and the main difference is the soundstage and air circulating cause of the semi-open design which makes them pleasant to listen to.

Also the highs are slightly more shouty than the Alpha Dogs which can seem a bit tame, but the upper details are easier to listen to without fatigue on the Dogs in general.

The bass though on the TH-X00 is very nice! It is like a subwoofer for your head and has a little more punch than the Dogs.

Overall these are just wonderful headphones, the next step for me is to modify and dampen the cups without screwing up the sound signature to tame the highs.

11. jamor
    If anyone is discarding their TH-X00 stock pads I'll gladly take them off your hands.  I would love a back up pair in case something happens to mine.  [​IMG]

12. elvergun

http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-hm5-spare-earpad-1-pair

atsq17 likes this.
  13. Whitigir

I am in for this as well :D I love stock pads hehehe

14. shuto77

Thanks for the impressions! Would you say the TH-X00's soundstage is much better, or is it close?

Which do you prefer overall? I'm leaning toward one of these two as my next purchase.

Thanks.

15. Yobster69
    Thank you for clarifying, not had this situ before so was unsure. No chance of calling or emailing Yodel, they are utter s**te and do not have any way to contact them, so I'll wait for the snail mail and be patient.
    You are a gent
    Take care

First

Back
153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162
164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173
Next

Last