1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Nov 24, 2015.
First

Back
133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142
144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153
Next

Last
  1. Hi-Fi EDU

As the great Sterling Malory Archer would say "Phrasing!" [​IMG] But in all seriousness, based on people's early impressions thus far, these headphones have piqued my interest almost to the max. I also love how the wood grain pattern is unique for each pair. @ibs63 has the best pattern I've seen so far.

2. Astral Abyss

That's normal for DHL though.  Nothing to worry about.  If the package looks suspiciously opened too, that's also normal.

3. ezekiel77
    I'm thankful my tracking info is exactly the same as some members here lol.

4. Mshenay Contributor
    right hhh

though what can I say, we have a common interest! I own 6 wood backs atm, heck I use Wood Banana hangers for my Headphones Stands [cheap as dirt an they work nicely with a single strip of Door Insulation, that one sided sticky stuff] 

still though these look an sound great 

5. kenshin27

How hard is it to swap the pads? Do they just pull off or is something more required? I've been picking around the edges of mine and it seems like it wouldn't be too hard to yank off but don't want to accidentally screw them up. I'm currently ok w/the stock pads but all this talk about the Alpha has been tempting...

6. Mshenay Contributor
    Crap I'll take a picture of my Naked LA D5k tommorow

but there is a white Ring that rotates... counter clock wise? Maybe Clock wise, but rotate the ring an then it will lift out of up from again'st the drivers, then remove the ring from the stock pads an slap the Alpha's over top, I can say they REALLY improved the "ring" system on the TH X00, I still fight for like 10mins doing pad swaps on the LA D5k, the TH X00 uses the same mechanism but it's... much less finnicky! 

7. bavinck
    3 months from now a bunch of poor people are going to look for impressions and reviews of this headphone when massdrop drops them again. Unfortunately, they will have to wade through hundreds of posts updating about or complaining about their tracking information. Seriously people!

I am really, really enjoying the first impressions and the discussion on pad rolling and amp pairing. But the constant, and frankly ridiculous, posts where people feel they need to share all their tracking information is ruining this thread. I cannot be the only one here that feels this way.

If you folks really feel the need to check in with each others tracking info please make thread in general discussions or something to do so and stop unnecessarily lengthening this thread with trivial information that will be completely unhelpful 1 week from now.

henree, legcramp, moriez and 3 others like this.
  8. Billheiser

I used them in a coffee shop yesterday.  Good looking women found me irresistible with them on!  But to their credit, they fought the urge to swarm me.  Ladies here are very demure.  Apparently.

sheldaze likes this.
  9. bavinck

Maybe women there just don't like wood.... I better shut up before I get swarmed by the pc police:p

10. imackler
    Really wish i jumped on this drop!

11. BazookaT
    How are these compared to the th600s? 

12. Mshenay Contributor
    There's a few used pairs for $380

this is true

I forget to mention amp pairing though :O I'm enjoying them out of my NFB10ES2, I'll admit to liking it for it's BLACK background an some what Dark Sound Sig, though I own a lot of very BRIGHT transparent cans 

But to keep the bass nice an tight, I'd recommend getting a nice solid state, nothing warm 

13. Soundsgoodtome
    Are you saying some like their composites and plastics over real wood?! :D

MahOooogany WOooooD

14. Hansotek
    Just to note: the Denon pads used are overstuffed with polyfill and don't quite resemble the stock version. I wasn't really suggesting them, merely using them to test some hypotheses about the pad composition's effect on the sound.

While I'm a fan of Mr. Speakers, I view the alpha pads as having only a few specific functional modding benefits. Using them here probably wouldn't be compatible with my goals. I'm glad they are working for you, though. I've used them to great benefit on other headphones.

15. Mshenay Contributor
    If you were very serious about modding you could also apply a very small amount of Dynamat towards the back lower chamber of the Cups them selvs, my W1000x Has some inside an... it ate up a lot of the decay in the bass! Frankly, the mid bass is about as tight HE 4, though only issue is Sub Bass roll off in the can it self. Still that's one way to go

an it seems you know full an well what your looking for an doing, Price wise doing your own mods is ofc the best route to take! Let us know what you find ^^ I found I enjoyed the Alpha pads an I hope your able to find a pad that you like as well! I would also recommend the Lawton Pads, they really make a world of differance in terms of decay, where as the Alphas are Dark, the Lawtons are very balanced! Ofc the issue there is price 

First

Back
133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142
144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153
Next

Last