Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Dec 8, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #1,941 of 12,070
CONTRA in particular, 2 player mode with 30 lives :)

You have just confirmed that you are as old as I am. CONTRA and SuperMario were my favourite games more than 2 decades ago. :)

Dec 8, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #1,942 of 12,070
CONTRA in particular, 2 player mode with 30 lives :)

Add B, A in the code as well. Loved Contra, 1 and 2 player modes. I liked using the variation codes with the TMNT series also. Fun times.

Dec 8, 2015 at 2:49 AM Post #1,944 of 12,070
Did anyone try the X00 (or the 600/900) from a Corda Classic? That amp sounds good with almost anything I tried - maybe with the slight exception of Grados

Dec 8, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #1,945 of 12,070
I have been listening to these for hours now. (Mac min, Burson soloist SL, wyred 4 sound DAC2)

#1 this is a bass head headphone, bass is very stong on through the mid bass. These have a lot of mid bass but tight mid bass. Those looking for a reference headphone should move along.

#2 For me they are better than the TH900 I had. I did not like the Th900 as the Mids were way too receced.

They sound 98% of the Th900 with more Mids. Mids and treble are shelved down from the bass on these too but on the th900 the Mids dipped.

#3 I feel like they need to be played out to come alive.

All in all if you want to try the Fostex sound but have been turned off by the price get these and forget about the th900. If you think the th900 have too much bass you will not like these either.

If you want a bass head headphone but don't want to give up other qualities... These could be your holy grail.

I have a small head and these fit better than the th900 as they are a little tighter clamping. They hug my head and not my Lower jaw like the th900. My ears do not touch the back of the pads

I got mine today as we'll. like others,I just had 5 minutes with them. "If you want a bass head headphone but don't want to give up other qualities... These could be your holy grail."

That about sums it up. They are bassy but still retain great instrument separation and clarity. Somehow not muddy. But Ron Carter was a lot more present than he normally is on my HD600's. Somehow they are bassy but not veiled.

That's all for now.

Dec 8, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #1,946 of 12,070
You have just confirmed that you are as old as I am. CONTRA and SuperMario were my favourite games more than 2 decades ago. :)

Even though I liked the earlier Mario games (NES, Game Boy, etc. Marios), my favorite Mario game was Super Mario World for SNES. Passing all 96 exits was one of my highlights as a youngin. That, and beating Street Fighter 2 Turbo for SNES on hardest mode without losing a round with Ryu. Took me about 3 months playing each day to master the game (SFII Turbo says you've mastered the person you used to win without losing a round after you reached the end of the game).

Regarding the TH-X00, it's a versatile headphone, but I'm glad a shorter cable will be attached to it soon.

Dec 8, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #1,947 of 12,070
I have been listening to these for hours now. (Mac min, Burson soloist SL, wyred 4 sound DAC2)

#1 this is a bass head headphone, bass is very stong on through the mid bass. These have a lot of mid bass but tight mid bass. Those looking for a reference headphone should move along.

#2 For me they are better than the TH900 I had. I did not like the Th900 as the Mids were way too receced.

They sound 98% of the Th900 with more Mids. Mids and treble are shelved down from the bass on these too but on the th900 the Mids dipped.

#3 I feel like they need to be played out to come alive.

All in all if you want to try the Fostex sound but have been turned off by the price get these and forget about the th900. If you think the th900 have too much bass you will not like these either.

If you want a bass head headphone but don't want to give up other qualities... These could be your holy grail.

I have a small head and these fit better than the th900 as they are a little tighter clamping. They hug my head and not my Lower jaw like the th900. My ears do not touch the back of the pads

please don't do this to me

Dec 8, 2015 at 2:56 AM Post #1,948 of 12,070

Removed comments. Apologize for making insensitive comments.

Nicely done:

Now to come to headphones, I like all three types you described...  Different flavors for different musical formats or different occasions, ya know.  And since we are talking headphones (as opposed to women), I can have and live with all three types...  I could even opt to have and live with two to three of each type, as long as my wallet can go the distance... and that sounds like win, win, win, in my book, without any "poison" anywhere to mar the sauce.

To bring things fully back on topic : I received my shipping notification yesterday...  My shipment arrives later today...  Now that's really quick and sweet, for a change!

Dec 8, 2015 at 3:00 AM Post #1,949 of 12,070

please don't do this to me

What is he doing to you? whetting your appetite? That ain't such a bad thing?
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 8, 2015 at 3:02 AM Post #1,950 of 12,070
Even though I liked the earlier Mario games (NES, Game Boy, etc. Marios), my favorite Mario game was Super Mario World for SNES. Passing all 96 exits was one of my highlights as a youngin. That, and beating Street Fighter 2 Turbo for SNES on hardest mode without losing a round with Ryu. Took me about 3 months playing each day to master the game (SFII Turbo says you've mastered the person you used to win without losing a round after you reached the end of the game).

Regarding the TH-X00, it's a versatile headphone, but I'm glad a shorter cable will be attached to it soon.

Obviously, you are younger than me because I played SF when I was already in college. :grinning:

I have a feeling I will like this headphone. I have Mojo Jojo, Theorem 720 and Ragnarok to pair this with. Hope it will also play balls with my PIBE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back