1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Nov 24, 2015.
First

Back
111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120
122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131
Next

Last
  1. JohnYang

I know, right? It sound super crazy, but my friends was showing me the screen shot that the headphone have arrive the local sorting facilities in Beijing, Shanghai, and Hong Kong last night.

2. PixelPusher21
    Tracking just updated to delivery tomorrow.  

3. Billheiser
    Got mine. They sound good. Will listen more later and maybe comment further.

TL;DR - sound good.

4. JungleApe
    Still says"En route to DHL eCommerce Distribution Center" for the last 3 days

5. YtseJamer

Same message on my side....I really hate DHL.  [​IMG]

En route to DHL eCommerce Distribution Center
    Fri, December 4, 2015 at 23:54 
    UNITED STATES

6. moedawg140 Contributor

The midrange of the TH-X00 is not recessed in my opinion, at least when paired with the sources I listen to most of the time.

7. PixelPusher21
    I want to see more photos of the wood grain variations!!

8. YtseJamer

Phew...that's a very good news!

9. jamor

Yes pics or it didn't happen. Start snappin. [​IMG]

10. Soundsgoodtome
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/790296/12-04-15-seattle-meet-impressions/0_30#post_12141866

Here's a quick impression from yesterday's meet on the THX00, for those wondering my rig is:
    Foobar on laptop > Gustard U12 > Schiit Bifrost Multibit > Schiit Sys preamp > Project Horizon 3 with Russian Gold Grid tube > A) THX00 or B) Denon D5000

There should be more impressions soon and even pics from Miceblue. Sometimes he does a meet tour in video with binaural sound, not sure if that holds true for this one.

ibs63, Hansotek and Hi-Fi EDU like this.
  11. elvergun
    [​IMG]

12. jamor
    Nice impressions.  I can't wait to hear what these sound like when I flip on the hardware bass boost on my amp!

13. Painful Chafe

I was kidding. Eugene is two hours the other way. LOL.

Maybe I can pick him up.

14. WillBright

Glad you're excited to hear the TH-X00! Based on what you've said, the tuning should be right up your alley. 

That said, your posts exhibits a misconception I'd like to address. 

"Massdrop released a different flavor without asking people"

The "without asking people" part is incorrect. The TH-X00's tuning was almost exclusively decided by Audiophile community members. Did we do a public Q/A session? Was there a thread where we took suggestions from the community at-large? Nope, we decided on a different strategy for involving the community. 

We approached a select few members of the Audiophile community and worked with them, discussing the project and what we might be able to achieve in collaboration with Fostex. Once prototypes arrived, all of these community members had a chance to hear the product and give feedback that could be incorporated into the final tuning. 

Why go this approach? Because each of the community members we approached was willing to dedicate considerable time and thought to their feedback. Works better than having a "suggestions" thread with drive-by suggestions from uninvested enthusiasts. 

Only downside to this process is it's not as public, and we end up in situations like this where people don't understand how the community was involved. We're working on some tools to make this more obvious, but in the meantime, figured it was worth responding with a quick explanation. 

Drop Stay updated on Drop at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/massdrop https://twitter.com/massdrop https://www.massdrop.com/?clickid=3QR3Ib27lyA-VkBRJwyGuQJeUkhUQvX5r0tLzQ0&utm_term=252901&utm_content=VigLink&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=impactradius&irgwc=1
  15. JamieCole

What amp are you currently using and what's the bass boost step like? I love me a good analog bass boost!

First

Back
111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120
122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131
Next

Last