1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Nov 24, 2015.
First

Back
102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111
113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122
Next

Last
  1. moedawg140 Contributor

That's good to hear! [​IMG]

A thoroughly satisfying experience
    P1000073.jpg

2. moedawg140 Contributor

I'm sure @Soundsgoodtome will agree with me, I would say: yes!  I have not attended a Seattle meet as of this post, but I have visited both Seattle and Vancouver (via car - drove from So Cal area to Vancouver Canada), and if there are Head-Fiers attending a meet, there will always be something that will sound amazing to your ears. [​IMG] 

3. MattTCG
    I got word that I'm scheduled for early delivery, arriving Monday. [​IMG] 

4. fjrabon

Haha, that one guy complaining about ups ground shipping who got like 30 poop emojis was pretty funny.

paradoxology likes this.
  5. bavinck

+100
    I have the sr80e from massdrop and I prefer to listen to them at t8mes and with certain types of music than anything else.

6. Soundsgoodtome

There's a gent that comes up from south of Portland at every meet, I'm sure you can carpool with him. A lunch or bucks to the petrol would probably be appreciated but Ham n cheese is a cool dude

7. Sonido
    Does anyone know what's the word with Lawton Audio modding? I know Marv's review mentioned to not do it in an emphatic way. With some searching, it seems the big gripe is mostly good professional reviews that sound like paid ads, and some people saying the company over exaggerates the improvements and it's not worth the money. But do they make the Fostex headphones sound worse or worsen the technicalities? Some of the wood sure looks pretty. Makes the mahogany on these look like rubbish. Especially love the black ebony, spalted maple, and bocote.

http://www.lawtonaudio.com/fostexchambersgallery1.html

8. moedawg140 Contributor

I didn't know which Vancouver @jonnymooshoo was referring to, but since he said "traveling down...", I assumed he resided in Vancouver, Canada since it is north of Seattle. 

9. DecentLevi
    RE the Fostex TH-X00 I really want to say for the love of the hobby, please don't jump on this hype train - try this one before buying it! It's an extremely polarizing headphone. I have tried it (source is confidential) and I hated the sound so much I wouldn't buy it if I were paid 

PS- please just take what I said at face value because, for relationship purposes I don't feel I should elaborate any further. Just try it first 

10. JohnYang

Damn, I hope Vancouver have some sort of meets too!

11. moedawg140 Contributor

Maybe you can create your own. [​IMG] Here's a link to a Vancouver group: http://www.head-fi.org/groups/show/25/vancouver-h-fers-group

12. JohnYang

Oh thanks!

They got 5 people in there hurray!

Might be better to just attend a Seattle meet XD

13. grizzlybeast
    First impression of the likes without describing your qualms. 

It would be an injustice for you not to elaborate. Please do[​IMG]

14. moedawg140 Contributor

*Shrugs* - better than nothing! [​IMG]

It's not that far of a drive south to Seattle, it's farther from So Cal to San Francisco with regards to driving time by about 2-3 hours.

15. TMRaven
    Look at these used TH-X00 prices... 390usd, 380usd.  People have absolutely no shame!

First

Back
102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111
113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122
Next

Last