1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Nov 24, 2015.
First

Back
101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110
112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121
Next

Last
  1. 3ternalDr4gon
    If they aren't better than the Orpheus 2, MD better PAY me to use these headphones!

2. james6333

I hope Fostex brings out a new Th900 that is flatter and keeps the old th900 too.

3. AUDIOBREEDER
    What in the world is going on here?

Quote:

4. marts30
    People get way too caught up in the 'it costs more so must be better'

Here I am listening to these $60 Grado SR60e's I just got off massdrop and think they're 90%+ of any Grado I've heard/own.

5. jonnymooshoo
    Hey guys, can anyone make a portable DAC/AMP recommendation? Sources: iphone6 & macbook pro.

Headphones and IEM: Fostex TH-X00 and Sony XBA-Z5.
    Main requirements: portability, direct line in (lighting port) on the iphone 6 (preferably without needing to use a CCK), and of course enough sound quality improvement to make it worth carrying another device along with me. I have itunes Music, but if it makes more sense to switch to spotify or tidal to go with an android based DAP I'm not against that.

Goals, to be able to make the most out of the headphone and IEM i'm using. I prefer a neutral / transparent rendition of the headphone/iem signature

So far on the radar are Cozoy Aegis, and Oppo HA-2... potentially the Sony PHA-1A but I've never used a DAC/AMP before with my headphones so I want to make sure that it's worth the extra money.

6. 3ternalDr4gon
    Mine came in too. The SR60e is disgustingly good for its retail price

7. CCXR594
    While not familiar with their current lineup, I found an incredible increase in clarity playing through fiio's Eo7K using an LOD as opposed to coming straight out of my iPod touch 3rd gen. I can really recommend their products, as it felt solid and was completely metal.

8. Soundsgoodtome
    The THX00 was unanimously well received in the Seattle meet today.
    "They hit it out of park. "
    "Exceptional value."
    "Can't wait to get mine."
    "Wow"

9. henree
    Really want to hear more comparisons to the D7000. Also for those that have heard the 600 & 900. How would you rank the D7000 between the Foxtex's versions?

10. thug behram
    has anybody compared to the th600?

11. Soundsgoodtome
    I was able to a/b the d5k and thx00 for about 20m during the meet, I'll write more tomorrow or later tonight between the two.

12. JamieCole

The MD discussion board is quite ridiculous and, at times, amusing. I'm not sure what I'd think about the hi-fi/head-fi/audiophile community if this drop was my first experience and interaction. Luckily, you and a few others on the MD thread are keeping it real and interjecting some reason. Keep up the good words and reasonable thoughts. 

[​IMG]

13. Sonido

They better be. It's a $600 headphone retuned to be more neutral and audiophile. It better be "out of the park" with it at $400

14. JamieCole

Awesome, and good to hear! I'm really looking forward to receiving mine.

On another note, my wife and I are hoping to move back to Seattle (or Portland) fairly soon. We relocated to Pittsburgh for grad school and such, but it's time to move back. I'll be sure to attend some meet's after we find our way back. We're really missing the PNW! 

Looking forward to further impressions. 

15. jonnymooshoo
    how big are the Seattle meets? Worth traveling down fro Vancouver for?

First

Back
101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110
112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121
Next

Last