Fostex THX / TRX spare parts?
Mar 3, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #16 of 25
How do you guys screw it back in once you take it apart? I have the th-610 and the screw snapped off inside the shaft and the cup just fell off. Luckily I caught it. Now I found another screw the same size (kind of) so whose successfully put these back together? Any help please would be much obliged.

Mar 4, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #17 of 25
How do you guys screw it back in once you take it apart? I have the th-610 and the screw snapped off inside the shaft and the cup just fell off. Luckily I caught it. Now I found another screw the same size (kind of) so whose successfully put these back together? Any help please would be much obliged.
Brute force.
If it's not working, you are not using enough of it.
For me it was easier to take apart the headphone cup (the wooden part) from the rest of the headband assembly (the metal/plastic part that screws onto the wooden part), so that I could get a firmer grip on the place where the bolt/screw goes, when brute forcing it in.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2021 at 12:29 AM Post #18 of 25
I bought my TH-X00 Mahogany with the right earcup assembly already broken off at the retaining screw, the usual issue with these.
The good news is I paid a few cents on the dollar for them, in mint condition otherwise.

The better news is that the chap I picked them up from is a very competent handyman and performed a stellar repair for me.
Just a matter of removing the broken section of screw from the shaft, which is where one needs some luck as well.
Finding a suitable replacement screw isn't too difficult.
They are now better than new since I know for a fact they won't break at the same place.
The left side is a different story. :pray:

I look after these like a newborn...:beyersmile:

May 8, 2021 at 8:21 PM Post #19 of 25
Does anyone know where to source this part for my Massdrop Fostex TH-X00? My thumb, in the picture, is pointing at the part that broke.

Attachments

• Fostex.jpeg
    Fostex.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Jun 12, 2022 at 1:37 AM Post #25 of 25
i did these with the TH-X00 i owned some time ago:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4166369

you could go level 1 and keep the cable non detachable, (does require soldering iron to remove the cable)
1626613793860.jpg

or go all out and add dual 3.5mm sockets on it (sorry for the pad wear):
1648234576174.jpg
while you're at it, get yourself some TH-610 pads to tame the treble slightly.

p.s: this only works with the TH-X00 variant, since the TR-X00 already has detachable cables. You could try and make it work, but it'll be easier if you started from scratch (new CAD model)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back