Fostex TH900 MkII
May 19, 2021 at 11:00 PM Post #886 of 1,500
Guess youre lucky then cause i know some people that had their hinges broken even with care.
Would be shame to get that broken.
These cans certainly are the best for movies and games for sure.
True , no unbreakable headphone.

Jun 7, 2021 at 4:33 AM Post #889 of 1,500
Is there a summary comparison of the different colours anywhere? Looking to buy a used set but unsure which colour will have the best tuning for me:

-Red
-Green
-Blue
-White

I’m hoping one has softer treble while retaining sub-bass impact.
So you tried the red th900 ?

Jun 7, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #891 of 1,500
Haven’t tried any. Looking for a starting point as I was always weary about the treble being too hot.
Most actually enjoys the treble. Maybe the treble is hot if one has a bright amp , but thats a if.

Jun 7, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #893 of 1,500
That’s what I was hoping to be the case. Would have to get a hybrid tube amp if it doesn’t mate with my OTL Feliks Echo II.

Which colour has the most sub-bass? That’s the selling point for me.
Stick with the classic , red.

Jun 7, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #894 of 1,500
Is there a summary comparison of the different colours anywhere? Looking to buy a used set but unsure which colour will have the best tuning for me:

-Red
-Green
-Blue
-White

I’m hoping one has softer treble while retaining sub-bass impact.
The Red and Green share the same "Stock" tuning, while the Blue and White share the same "Anniversary i.e., limited edition tuning"
The Anniversary tuning found in the blues and whites has a warmer sound, is more balanced across the entire FR, smoothing the forwardness of treble and bass with a slight reduction to slam and impact compared to the Red/Green, but not so much that bass is lost. I find the bass in the anniversary tuning to be quite fun "slammy/impactful" while having a bit more texture.

IMO, if you are wanting that "traditional" TH900 signature, then go for a Red or Green and if treble is still a thing you have options like a running with a warmer amp or pad rolling.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #895 of 1,500
One more neutral and the other more dynamic. One great for church the other for clubbing.
bought and returned the d9200. loved the sound sig but less dynamic (as mentioned) and also less bass. now happy owner of th900.

Jul 1, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #896 of 1,500
bought and returned the d9200. loved the sound sig but less dynamic (as mentioned) and also less bass. now happy owner of th900.
Yeah the th900 a bit more Pow in your face.

Attachments

• 20210107_152117.jpg
    20210107_152117.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Jul 1, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #897 of 1,500
Most actually enjoys the treble. Maybe the treble is hot if one has a bright amp , but thats a if.
the treble is PERFECT with any decent and up recording. lesser recording with hashy or peaky treble will be brutally exposed. but the th900 eq's really well and you can add a 3 db bass bump to many such lesser recordings at 63 hz and the treble and whole sound becomes awesome again. i prefer in these instances a slight bass hump as opposed to a 5-6 khz treble cut as it sounds more natural, less eq'd.

Jul 1, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #898 of 1,500
Yeah the th900 a bit more Pow in your face.
nice thing about the bass quantity (quality unbelievable, as many here have covered) is that for the bassiest of recordings (eg Daft Punk Random access Memories) you don't have TOO MUCH bass, but rather it's just right. also own Campfire Atlas iem. love it in bed for low listening levels, given the gargantuan bass, but if you turn up the volume and listen to said album it's too much bass (flat) and has to be eq'd down.

Jul 2, 2021 at 3:39 AM Post #899 of 1,500
I do daily 5 mile walks, are these any good for outdoors use (obv not when its raining)?

Jul 2, 2021 at 3:41 AM Post #900 of 1,500
I do daily 5 mile walks, are these any good for outdoors use (obv not when its raining)?
Not ideal but if you eq extra bass they do well. I use them on the go in the most crowded city in the world with no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back