Fostex TH900 MkII
May 20, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #556 of 1,500
Hey guys! Haven't posted on here in QUITE some time (since I have gotten my th900's, pretty much). I don't have the MK2s, but it seems as though the other thread has died so I figured I'd ask here. Looking to pair my th900s with an amp/dac combo for <600$.

I'd like an amp/dac that is full sized, and my preference for eq is basically

The more bass the better, the more mids the better, the less treble the better.

I'm currently just driving my th900s with my phone/pc, lol, so anything would be better than that.

I was thinking of going with the fostex hpa8, but figured posting on here and finding some more options could be a smart idea. You guys have any suggestions?

(And sorry if this ends up being the wrong place to post this)

May 21, 2018 at 1:13 AM Post #557 of 1,500
Hey guys! Haven't posted on here in QUITE some time (since I have gotten my th900's, pretty much). I don't have the MK2s, but it seems as though the other thread has died so I figured I'd ask here. Looking to pair my th900s with an amp/dac combo for <600$.

I'm currently just driving my th900s with my phone/pc, lol, so anything would be better than that.

I was thinking of going with the fostex hpa8, but figured posting on here and finding some more options could be a smart idea. You guys have any suggestions?

Not full size, but I have to say I absolutely love my iFi Micro Black Label paired with the th900mk2... Insane amounts of bass, and overall clarity richness across the rest of the soundstage.

The advantage this may have, is its also portable (by some peoples definitions... Like mine!)

Bloody hell man, you aren't living just powering these from a pc/phone... Prepare to be a changed being.

May 21, 2018 at 1:14 AM Post #558 of 1,500

Just from a phone ? I wouldnt run it from a portable player.

May 21, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #559 of 1,500
Chord Mojo would be in your price range.

May 22, 2018 at 12:03 AM Post #560 of 1,500

fostex hpa8 is great ,, beside that you could try pads rolling ,,
check the Lawton pads as a starter , you may like it.

Jul 28, 2018 at 7:17 AM Post #561 of 1,500
I’ve communicated with Sonarworks for having the Fostex TH900 mk2 supported on their excellent Tru Fi platform. Unfortuantly they have not recieved enough requests for supporting it yet - but they are close! They only need 20 more requests before they will support it.

If you like the software and wants to see it supported then please send a requst at https://www.sonarworks.com/truefi/headphone-request

I already use the software for my MDR-Z7 and it really makes a difference.

Jul 28, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #562 of 1,500
I’ve communicated with Sonarworks for having the Fostex TH900 mk2 supported on their excellent Tru Fi platform. Unfortuantly they have not recieved enough requests for supporting it yet - but they are close! They only need 20 more requests before they will support it.

If you like the software and wants to see it supported then please send a requst at https://www.sonarworks.com/truefi/headphone-request

Done, you might want to try posting it on the summit-fi th900 impression post too.

Sep 26, 2018 at 7:19 AM Post #564 of 1,500

I had the Sonarworks measuring team here last week. As a result the TH900mk2 will now be included in their range of profiles but also I have one of the three pairs used for calibration available for sale. Each had its own unique calibration ID, which can be used with their products to load the specific calibration for the headphone. If that's of any interest to anyone in the UK please PM me.

Oct 12, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #565 of 1,500
Thinking about getting these cans (my first full size!) and am looking to get a balanced cable for them. I've read in this thread that they use fitear connectors. Do they plug into the headphones fine? Ignoring the polarity being reversed on Sennheiser HD 650 connectors, I've read that they also don't fit quite properly either, so I'm hoping the fitear connectors don't run into this issue before I purchase.

Thanks!

Oct 12, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #566 of 1,500
Thinking about getting these cans (my first full size!) and am looking to get a balanced cable for them. I've read in this thread that they use fitear connectors. Do they plug into the headphones fine? Ignoring the polarity being reversed on Sennheiser HD 650 connectors, I've read that they also don't fit quite properly either, so I'm hoping the fitear connectors don't run into this issue before I purchase.

Thanks!

I put the MKII connectors on my THX-00. I got them at fullcompass.com. My advice is to buy a spare HD650 cable, and use a razor blade or exacto knife to trim the ends down and then they will fit in the Fostex connectors. I slip small rubber grommets on them for stability.

IMG_0005.JPG

Nov 9, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #567 of 1,500
I am hoping someone can answer this. Does anyone know if the stock cable is 4 wires to the 1/4 inch connector? I looked under the metal cover and you can't see anything. There is some type of glue/caulk over everything and you can't see the wires. I am thinking of cutting this cable near the 1/4 connector end, and add male and female XLR connectors. I want to be able to try the TH900 balanced and don't want to invest in an expensive cable to try this. I am also curious about the TH-X00 cable as I may want to do the same.

Nov 9, 2018 at 8:44 AM Post #568 of 1,500
I am hoping someone can answer this. Does anyone know if the stock cable is 4 wires to the 1/4 inch connector? I looked under the metal cover and you can't see anything. There is some type of glue/caulk over everything and you can't see the wires. I am thinking of cutting this cable near the 1/4 connector end, and add male and female XLR connectors. I want to be able to try the TH900 balanced and don't want to invest in an expensive cable to try this. I am also curious about the TH-X00 cable as I may want to do the same.
4 wire

Nov 9, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #570 of 1,500

Users who are viewing this thread

Back