Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Dec 15, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #16,801 of 18,754
well both your first and second posts regarding "the source" were oblique, so i think that i can be forgiven for missing your point. now that you've explained it, i can reiterate that it doesn't apply to me.
good to know

Dec 15, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #16,802 of 18,754
well both your first and second posts regarding "the source" were oblique, so i think that i can be forgiven for missing your point. now that you've explained it, i can reiterate that it doesn't apply to me.
So basically , change things.

Dec 15, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #16,803 of 18,754
Dec 15, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #16,805 of 18,754
Dec 15, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #16,807 of 18,754
Dec 17, 2019 at 7:25 AM Post #16,808 of 18,754
Or you guys could just be happy with what you have and enjoy it. My wallet has thanked me for that.

I have other even more expensive hobbies (exotic cars) and to learn to not modify them to death or in the case of this hobby constantly changing things and sit back and enjoy what you have. :smile_phones:

Dec 17, 2019 at 7:35 AM Post #16,809 of 18,754
I haven’t bought anything new in years, don’t plan on any till or if the next tech jump

Dec 25, 2019 at 12:45 AM Post #16,810 of 18,754
20191225_134258.jpg

Jan 23, 2020 at 3:08 AM Post #16,811 of 18,754
Ok you guys are gonna have to forgive me for this because I'm sure this has been talked to death but I did a search and it was actually kind of hard to find anything useful or that wasn't very old. My original th900 earpads are falling apart, flaking everywhere, and driving me crazy. I do not really want to buy the oem earpads again only to have this happen again. Flaking earpads are like one of my biggest pet peeves with headphones (especially expensive ones), so can you guys recommend a good alternative? I'm not buying different pads to change the sound in any way, I just want something that is made of good materials and is going to last. Ideally I would want to change the sound as little as possible.

I know Lawton Audio's angled pads used to get recommended here all the time, but I also read a few comments of people not liking them compared to the original pads. My search also came up with Dekoni who makes both Sheepskin and the "Elite Hybrid" memory foam. Is there anything else I should be looking at? Does anyone have any specific recommendations or comparisons? Like I said, I just want something that is going to last and be at least as comfortable as the original pads which I thought were great in terms of comfort.

So if anyone has any comparisons or specific recommendations please help me out.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2020 at 3:19 AM Post #16,812 of 18,754
Ok you guys are gonna have to forgive me for this because I'm sure this has been talked to death but I did a search and it was actually kind of hard to find anything useful or that wasn't very old. My original th900 earpads are falling apart, flaking everywhere, and driving me crazy. I do not really want to buy the oem earpads again only to have this happen again. Flaking earpads are like one of my biggest pet peeves with headphones (especially expensive ones), so can you guys recommend a good alternative? I'm not buying different pads to change the sound in any way, I just want something that is made of good materials and is going to last. Ideally I would want to change the sound as little as possible.

I know Lawton Audio's angled pads used to get recommended here all the time, but I also read a few comments of people not liking them compared to the original pads. My search also came up with Dekoni who makes both Sheepskin and the "Elite Hybrid" memory foam. Is there anything else I should be looking at? Does anyone have any specific recommendations or comparisons? Like I said, I just want something that is going to last and be at least as comfortable as the original pads which I thought were great in terms of comfort.

So if anyone has any comparisons or specific recommendations please help me out.
Original = best , or get the th600 earpads.
20190326_184337.jpg

Jan 23, 2020 at 3:24 AM Post #16,813 of 18,754
Original = best , or get the th600 earpads.

I was afraid of hearing that. Are the TH600 earpads made out of the same material? The flaking seriously drives me crazy and I don't want to have to buy new ones every time this starts happening.I've had my TH900s for a long time but it honestly didn't take very long at all for the flaking to actually start happening and I've just been dealing with it.

I was leaning towards the Dekoni sheepskin or hybrids based on the research I did earlier since it seemed like they were the most similar to the original pads but just with different materials. Obiviously I know the sound will still change but honestly might be worth the trade off for me as long as it isn't too drastic.

Jan 23, 2020 at 3:26 AM Post #16,814 of 18,754
I was afraid of hearing that. Are the TH600 earpads made out of the same material? The flaking seriously drives me crazy and I don't want to have to buy new ones every time this starts happening.

I was leaning towards the Dekoni sheepskin or hybrids based on the research I did earlier since it seemed like they were the most similar to the original pads but just with different materials. Obiviously I know the sound will still change but honestly might be worth the trade off for me as long as it isn't too drastic.
I use mine outdoors , the original last over 2 yrs. Th600 a little stronger , smaller opening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back